No More Dragon Wings?

Paddy,

I just renewed Ernie's domain name. It should come up shortly.
I got sidetracked and forgot to do it earlier.

I'm wondering about the references on their website to a Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne and how that is connected to Luminati. Perhaps they acquired one and are converting it to electric power? Very strange.

I looked up AH-56 on Wiki and it says only 7 prototypes were built, 4 are on display, at least one crashed and was destroyed completely. It was an amazing design with stub wings, pusher prop, documented speeds up to 247 mph in level flight. But with 1967-69 technology it was a handful to pilot with handling issues that were difficult to work out. The project was cancelled as a large volume of very successful Apaches were delivered in place of the intended Cheyenne and the Air Force lobbied for air support role command that overtook its intended purpose.

Lockheed never built another helo.

So my question is: Does Luminati have one of the very few remaining Cheyennes in a hanger somewhere?

I'm wondering about the references on their website to a Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne and how that is connected to Luminati. Perhaps they acquired one and are converting it to electric power? Very strange.

I looked up AH-56 on Wiki and it says only 7 prototypes were built, 4 are on display, at least one crashed and was destroyed completely. It was an amazing design with a rigid rotor, stub wings, and a pusher prop producing documented speeds up to 247 mph in level flight. And it could hover at 6000 ft and 95°F. But with 1967-69 technology it was a handful to pilot with issues that were difficult to work out. The project was cancelled as a large volume of very successful Apaches were delivered in place of the intended Cheyenne, and the Air Force lobbied for the air support role command that overtook its intended purpose.

Lockheed never built another helo.

Does Luminati have one of the very few remaining Cheyennes in a hanger somewhere - one that they are converting to electric battery power?

I think I have the number of prototypes built wrong, but am unable to edit the post so mentioning the correction here.