Nicknames for the gyro?

WillyRose

Aircraft
M16
Total Flight Time
I flew to Sandown on the Isle of Wight last weekend.
We were followed in by a couple of flex-wings who said on the radio they had "visual with the egg-whisk". Bloody cheek - from a flex-wing! :lol:
I hadn't heard the term egg-whisk, before, (well, not in this context, anyway!) but there must be other nicknames.
What else should I listen-out for?
All the best,
Clive

Egg beater. Basically the same thing.

Death trap

Flying lawn chair

The coolest aircraft ever devised !

My "friends" used to call my Bensen the Jet Powered Rock...When it was
running it was like a jet...when it quit it was like a rock !!
It quit twice in the four years i owned it !!

Them things. As in ' you wouldn't get me up in one of them things'

Once even heard from the 'dope on a rope' of a SAR chopper.

My uncle flew helicopters in Vietnam and would call him a fling wing pilot. After a few times he retaliated with you starch wing pilots are all alike.

Took a little while to understand that one.

Aviation humor?

Aviation humor?

A well known politician holding short in a private jet as I was landing as SMX announced over the CTAF, “O my gosh, it’s Fred Flintstone!”

SMX ATC was trying to help an overtaking aircraft see me and said, “Look for a guy that looks like he is sitting in a bathtub at your 12 o’clock at 800 feet going very slowly with no visible means of support.” The pilot responded, “I have the bathtub in sight.”

A lady in a very fancy helicopter said, “I have the wantabe helicopter in sight.”

Thank you, Vance

Sounds like they are just jealous of your gyro Vance.

"what the hell is that" (from a fixed wing genius??)

Tony

A flying formation of nuts and bolts constantly trying fling itself apart?

Sounds like we are so misunderstood!!!

My J-2 (see avatar) was called the bumblebee by some who saw the paint (it was supposed to look wasp-like), with reference to the old saw that bumblebees are theoretically incapable of flight.