News about Arrow Copter?

Thanks, I had talked to NAGYRO last year when he was the rep., He told me I would have to go to factory to build, they had hoped to have a build center here. So I held off, which was a good thing with there financial situation. Been waiting and trying to find out info, but it was hard to get, finally, after going through a few people, I finally got some news. Now, have to see if they get back on track.
Do wish they would have a U.S representative to deal with though.

Your right, I have looked at every tandem closed cockpit gyro and nothing compares to arrow Copter. Caladius would be second choice, but really doesn't have features I want, like dynon SkyView, composite tub etc.

I've got a used Calidus 912 with a Dynon Skyview at a good price. It has about 100 hours on it and just had the Dynon replaced. Owner has too many other distraction and not flying it. So it is for sale. PM for details.

I've got a used Calidus 912 with a Dynon Skyview at a good price. It has about 100 hours on it and just had the Dynon replaced. Owner has too many other distraction and not flying it. So it is for sale. PM for details.
Could you share the price?

Thanks again guys, right now I have some time to make decisions. I want to see what happens with Arrow Copter as that would be my first choice. As a former amateur formula car racer, I've bought cars to race that were not my first choice due to impatience for one reason or another and regretted it Everytime.

... My big concern with them not having a U.S rep would be importing it to here, they usually handle that if I'm not mistaken. I don't have a clue on getting one imported to the U.S.

When I get closer to doing something, I will pm you for advice.

John.

John, Claudius Klimpt made one at the factory and then bought it over to the US and would I imagine have some of that information.

Caladius would be second choice, but really doesn't have features I want, like dynon SkyView, composite tub etc.

On the Calidus (and the Cavalon) Skyview is available, and the fuselage is carbon fiber.

Attachments

• BrochureCalidusENG.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
Thanks again guys, right now I have some time to make decisions. I want to see what happens with Arrow Copter as that would be my first choice. As a former amateur formula car racer, I've bought cars to race that were not my first choice due to impatience for one reason or another and regretted it Everytime.

If money and local support are not an issue for you, the Arrow Copter would be one choice. They however are not out of the woods financially. You could wind up with a very expensive, unsupported machine. Arrow Copter is one of the fastest gyros out there but not by much, and there are many more models that are more nimble.

If money and local support are not an issue for you, the Arrow Copter would be one choice. They however are not out of the woods financially. You could wind up with a very expensive, unsupported machine. Arrow Copter is one of the fastest gyros out there but not by much, and there are many more models that are more nimble.

Very true, which is why I have been patient to see what happens with them. Now, after looking at Cammie's web site and going through the information they have there, which is the most I've found so far on the Calidus, it's starting to look more appealing. That blue Calidus really pops visually and knowing I can get dynon SkyView is a plus. Support is important also, which I don't see coming from arrow Copter anytime soon in the U.S.

I don't think you can legally fly an imported factory-built gyro except as an exhibition aircraft which has very strict operating limitations. It's OK for kitbuilt aircraft to be built overseas, for example Magni has a factory-assist program where you go to Milan to build your aircraft then get it shipped back, but actual factory-built is basically not allowed.

I don't think you can legally fly an imported factory-built gyro except as an exhibition aircraft which has very strict operating limitations. It's OK for kitbuilt aircraft to be built overseas, for example Magni has a factory-assist program where you go to Milan to build your aircraft then get it shipped back, but actual factory-built is basically not allowed.

Not looking for factory built. Kit built so I can maintain it and do inspections myself. Arrow Copter has same program where you go to factory in Austria to build it.

That being said, I found an autogyro dealer about an hours drive away, that I'll check out soon.

From my email....
Thank you for being a loyal fan of the arrow-copter.
Being part of The Arrow-Copter team means that you'll be the first to hear about our news and new arrivals.

Copyright © 2017 Arrow Copter International, All rights reserved.
You are receding this email because you signed to our mailing list on the website

Our mailing address is:

Arrow Copter International Unit 113, Bulding A3, Dubai Aviation City
Dubai United Arab Emirates

John there appears to be new financing from Dubai for ArrowCopter. That and the new 135hp engine from Rotax both bring new positive aspects to the program.

It needed more power. Claudius chose the 912is...loved the fuel savings but regretted the choice as it was not powerful enough for 2 up in the summer temps.

The new Rotax is a more powerful version of the 912is and should be a big improvement. Chris (Churz 7000) probably knows more than almost anyone else about this machine, owns one, and would give you probably the best information on it.

Claudius' ArrowCopter was the only one every sold with an engine other than a Rotax 914.The 912iS that Claudius had is a bit underpowered for the ArrowCopter. I did fly it all the way from Bensen Days to Baltimore in 2014. I was solo and the performance was very good. I cruised at about 100 mph burning about 3.5 gal per hour (if I remember correctly). Two up at a hot day I can see that the 912iS would be a bit weak in the chest.

With the 914, the ArrowCopter is not underpowered at all. I regularly fly at MTOW and 37 °C (about 100 deg. F) and have great climb and cruise performance. So that's not an issue at all.

But still, I'm itching to see what the ArrowCopter can do with 135 hp....

Greetings, -- Chris.

Chris can you tell us if the new Arrowcopter company has actually delivered any new build gyros since summer 2015 - I've not yet seen any new examples.

Machine serial 044 is the latest I'm aware of - delivered summer 2015.

Lots of marketing at the moment but any customer deliveries ?

Known fleet listing here - more info always welcomed

http://gyrocopterarrowcopter.blogspot.co.uk/

ckurz7000;n1125380 said:

With the 914, the ArrowCopter is not underpowered at all. I regularly fly at MTOW and 37 °C (about 100 deg. F) and have great climb and cruise performance. So that's not an issue at all.

But still, I'm itching to see what the ArrowCopter can do with 135 hp....

Greetings, -- Chris.

Chris it would have to make it better, which is always welcome. Would it be a big project to upgrade yours?

Define "big", Leigh. It uses a CAN bus so that's something right there for modifaction of the interface to the EFIS. Then, with the changed weight and thrust you would need to demonstrate that the cell can cope with that. And then you would need to do a partial certification programme to make it a buyable option. So there's some work to domif you want to do it properly.

Bolting it on is probably the least difficult part.

Greetings, -- Chris.

Yup, sound big to me after that elucidation.

After a couple months, Arrow Copter responded to me and told me they are in talks with a company in Florida to bring them here and build them in Florida. Anyone have any insight as to which company might be doing this? If it's secret, you can pm me and I won't tell. I hope it's true.

John B;n1132209 said:
After a couple months, Arrow Copter responded to me and told me they are in talks with a company in Florida to bring them here and build them in Florida. Anyone have any insight as to which company might be doing this? If it's secret, you can pm me and I won't tell. I hope it's true.

I can take a guess but I'd rather not. Hope whoever it is knows what they are taking on. Its a fairly big project. The saving grace is that development and tooling is already done but still the headaches and expenditure are not going to come out trivial.

fara;n1132217 said:
I can take a guess but I'd rather not. Hope whoever it is knows what they are taking on. Its a fairly big project. The saving grace is that development and tooling is already done but still the headaches and expenditure are not going to come out trivial.

By building, I mean the kits, not the complete tooling and such. The kits would be shipped here and assembled with the owner at there shop like most gyrocopters are done.

fara;n1132224 said:
That's not a big deal for any importer or distributor with experience with airplane or other aircraft assembly and test flight in the past. Some basic training is warranted to see the pitfalls that are present in every model. Its amazing how many though want to be distributor or dealers without having this experience just because they have some money to buy a couple of machines. Having money alone does not qualify someone to be a distributor or dealer. They cannot service the customer properly and small mechanical issues become huge issues. No point in having dealers like that. They cannot service the customer and take care of small stuff.

I agree 100%, I hope whoever it is does it right and not like the last guy. There hasn't been a market here in my opinion because you have to go to Austria to build the kit, there is no option to build it here.
some will say it's because of the price, which has truth to it, but quite frankly, it's still cheaper than most 2 place new airplanes, (Cub Crafters etc.) and considering how much is spent on high performance cars, Zr1, Ferrari, Porsche.