News about Arrow Copter?

Cub Crafters reminded me of the Carbon Cub and curious about the price I had a search...and a shock.

At over $200,000 it was definitely an expensive bit of fun, and nearly twice the price of an Arrow Copter. Flies very nicely though and at over 2,000’/min climbs like a homesick Angel.

Resasi;n1132301 said:
Cub Crafters reminded me of the Carbon Cub and curious about the price I had a search...and a shock.

At over $200,000 it was definitely an expensive bit of fun, and nearly twice the price of an Arrow Copter. Flies very nicely though and at over 2,000’/min climbs like a homesick Angel.

Don't know where you searched, but I looked into them last fall, sport pilot version, $265,000, xcub base around $320,000, xcub decked out, $400,000 and at least a year waiting time. These are new prices, not used.
people say arrow copter is expensive, but I really don't think so considering. Carbon fiber tub, not steel frame with skin. Cleaner design than others. Most of the makes today are like early 1970's formula one cars technology, arrow copter is like 2000's formula one technology, about 30 years difference.

I would think that the steel frame with carbon fiber body would be easier to repair and a lot cheaper.

eddie;n1132318 said:
I would think that the steel frame with carbon fiber body would be easier to repair and a lot cheaper.

I don't know, easier maybe, I've raced different formula cars. I've seen how they repair carbon fiber tubs for example, and to me, looks easier with proper tools, equiptment and repairs are stronger. I've repaired my own tube frame chassis, some minor and some Major, while doing it isn't bad, I like tubs better. Stronger, safer and if designed properly, absorb crashes better than tube.. if I'm not mistaken, arrow copter tubs were designed, built buy a company that also does formula one design, parts.