News about Arrow Copter?

John B

Curious if there is any news on what their plans are. Tried emailing them, email got returned, Facebook doesn't seem to be updated much. North American gyro's web site is only a home page with no information on it.
I did talk to someone from NAGYRO last year, but at that time, if I wanted one, I would have had to go to Austria to build it and ship it back.
I decided to wait awhile to see if kits were going to be shipped here, where we could build them here. I know they had financial issues and it sounded like they might get back on their feet, but haven't heard much since.

John B

New info

New info

Finally got a reply from Arrow Copter, following is an email I received in case anyone is interested.

On Aug 17, 2016 1:59 AM, Damian Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear John,

Many thanks for your email. Much appreciated.

We will not be looking to ship any ‘kit’ over to the US (excluding a purchase) in the foreseeable future. As such, the process of purchase remains the same – i.e. coming to Austria.

Also, we have just expanded our facility in Austria, and as such, will be looking to (re)start production as from October again due to increase demand from Europe and Asia – as well as Canada and the US.

We are currently taking orders for the US via a $1000 refundable deposit. Following this, will then inform (you) of the production date and expected delivery date to the US. You are then free to either continue with a commitment to purchase, or you can cancel your booking and we will return your deposit.

Let me know.

Kind Regards,
Damian Martin
Global Sales Director for
Arrow Copter International
+971554170284
www.arrow-copter.com

Steve_UK

Hi John,

Thanks for this update - I'd noticed zero new registration appearing over the past year - good to hear production to resume shortly.

This is probabley the most sophisticated gyro in current production - AC ceased the AC10 kit some while ago. Bear in mind that all other cutomers across the globe take factory built examples - only the US&A require you to build it......best use the tools and expertise at the factory if you have to go build it yourself.

The US demonstrator N713TX was sold on to New Zealand after about a year or so arriving there approx Jan 2016.

More on my Blog

http://gyrocopterarrowcopter.blogspot.co.uk/

John B

Hi John,

Thanks for this update - I'd noticed zero new registration appearing over the past year - good to hear production to resume shortly.

This is probabley the most sophisticated gyro in current production - AC ceased the AC10 kit some while ago. Bear in mind that all other cutomers across the globe take factory built examples - only the US&A require you to build it......best use the tools and expertise at the factory if you have to go build it yourself.

The US demonstrator N713TX was sold on to New Zealand after about a year or so arriving there approx Jan 2016.

More on my Blog

http://gyrocopterarrowcopter.blogspot.co.uk/
Thanks, I had talked to NAGYRO last year when he was the rep., He told me I would have to go to factory to build, they had hoped to have a build center here. So I held off, which was a good thing with there financial situation. Been waiting and trying to find out info, but it was hard to get, finally, after going through a few people, I finally got some news. Now, have to see if they get back on track.
Do wish they would have a U.S representative to deal with though.

Your right, I have looked at every tandem closed cockpit gyro and nothing compares to arrow Copter. Caladius would be second choice, but really doesn't have features I want, like dynon SkyView, composite tub etc.

Capt'n Gator

Gyro choices

Gyro choices

John,
I agree the Arrowcopter has a lot of sex, but.......you really should take a close look at the Silver light Aviation American Ranger 1 (AR-1). Built in America with factory build assist in Beautiful Zephryhills, Florida by a bunch of gyronuts (whoops I meant gyronaughts) and DAR and flight testing by the World Famous Greg ("Hammerfist") Spiccola. WHAT A WINNING COMBINATION AND A GREAT FLYING GYRO.

ckurz7000

Hi John, I am not associated in any formal way with the company although I consulted as the company test pilot for the ArrowCopter's cerification process and wrote the POH for it. I fly it myself recreationally. As I am on the forum pretty reguarly, you are welcome to use me as a ressource, too.

Greetings, -- Chris.

John B

John,
I agree the Arrowcopter has a lot of sex, but.......you really should take a close look at the Silver light Aviation American Ranger 1 (AR-1). Built in America with factory build assist in Beautiful Zephryhills, Florida by a bunch of gyronuts (whoops I meant gyronaughts) and DAR and flight testing by the World Famous Greg ("Hammerfist") Spiccola. WHAT A WINNING COMBINATION AND A GREAT FLYING GYRO.
I actually was looking at that one this morning, all they show is open cockpit on web site and not sure what kind of options I could get with it. I'm set on a glass cockpit type, not many tandems have an instrument panel to support it. Secondly, closed cockpit, heated is a must in Michigan so I could fly on descent days during winter.

ckurz7000

The ArrowCopter has either open or closed cockpit and can be converted from one to the other in 30 seconds without any tools.

Heat is an option. Glass cockpit is standard.

-- Chris.

Capt'n Gator

I actually was looking at that one this morning, all they show is open cockpit on web site and not sure what kind of options I could get with it. I'm set on a glass cockpit type, not many tandems have an instrument panel to support it. Secondly, closed cockpit, heated is a must in Michigan so I could fly on descent days during winter.
From what I understand they are working on the tooling for a canopy for winter flying. At least check with Silverlight about the canopy and glass cockpit, those guys aim to please in the pursuit of making a mark on the gyro world. By the way, I trained in a Calidus with Chris Lord (21 Hours dual), I fly a Dominator single, and I took my Check ride review with Greg Spiccola in an AR-1 and then my final check ride with Chris Lord. I can tell you it flys so smooth and nimble if I had the coin I would place my order today, but all I have is my 2 cents. No offense to the Arrowcopter folks, just like when it says "Made in America":usa2::usa2:

John B

The ArrowCopter has either open or closed cockpit and can be converted from one to the other in 30 seconds without any tools.

Heat is an option. Glass cockpit is standard.

-- Chris.
Thanks Chris. Looks like they are a couple months from production, gives me some time. I'm in the process now of looking for another house where I can put my own 1000' Pvt airstrip on. My big concern with them not having a U.S rep would be importing it to here, they usually handle that if I'm not mistaken. I don't have a clue on getting one imported to the U.S.

When I get closer to doing something, I will pm you for advice.

John.

John B

From what I understand they are working on the tooling for a canopy for winter flying. At least check with Silverlight about the canopy and glass cockpit, those guys aim to please in the pursuit of making a mark on the gyro world. By the way, I trained in a Calidus with Chris Lord (21 Hours dual), I fly a Dominator single, and I took my Check ride review with Greg Spiccola in an AR-1 and then my final check ride with Chris Lord in the AR-1. I can tell you it flys so smooth and nimble if I had the coin I would place my order today, but all I have is my 2 cents. No offense to the Arrowcopter folks, just like when it says "Made in America":usa2::usa2:
Thanks, I'll look at all options and would check them out when I go to Florida in a month or so. I haven't looked at the AR-1 except for what I've seen this morning on the internet, which isn't much. The Arrow Copter would be my first choice, but things change.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Hi John
As the US agent for Aviomania I've imported many gyroplanes into the USA for our customers. If you need help with that you only have to contact me through the forum and I can explain the process or call the PRA office (574) 353-7227. I anwser that too.

swilliams

John B not sure where you are in Michigan but I have a AR1 hear in Michigan pm me if you wish to see one up close.

Sincerely SWilliams

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
John. We are making tooling right now to do the canopy conversion. If you want a glass panel. We are offering Dynon stack because it is the industry leader in LSA and Experimental. It's made in the U.S. And it's documented well with hood support. We offer airspeed and altimeter installed for the back seat as an option. Enclosure comes with cabin heat with a blower. It scavenged heat from around the exhaust and blows hot air into the cabin. Gets it hot fairly quickly. But you won't see us having an enclosed cockpit in Florida as a demo. Scott Willians has one of the first AR-1s in Detroit. You can see it there. Options and colors are no problem. Contact me if you are interested in AR-1. Flying it after you have flown AutoGyro models etc. is a good way to compare.

Tomgyro

AR-1 photo

AR-1 photo

I think I've posted these before you joined the forum. But I'll repost for you and others. Side by side AR-1s at Bensen Days April 2016. The enclosure is one of the first prototypes of the enclosure I think. ( Fara you can correct if I'm wrong). I have flown in the open one at Zypherhills and was offered an opportunity to fly the enclosed one. No way in Florida heat ! Very smooth ride. Fast! Easy to land. Many tiny but very important mechanical improvements from the AG-1 to the AR-1.

Attachments

eddie

RAF, turbo subaru 230hp
I always fly my RAF with the doors on,don't like the wind noise,here in the high desert

country it gets really hot its not a problem after your in the air,just after landing or before

takeoff,all bubble canopy aircraft like that.

Best regards,

Last edited: