Newly built Air Command Elite

Bob Simmons

Aircraft
582 air command elite/ upgraded
Total Flight Time
60 hours in gyro's
For Sale: Recently modified Air command elite. I crashed it and took it to Air Command International In Caddo Mills Texas and had it rebuilt by the experts.
This is a 582 rotax engine. the frame has been built to support the new 68" prop. The seat has been put in the center line.
whats new on this gyrocopter?
1. 25' rotordyne rotor blades
2.folding mast
3. 68" prop
4. brakes and wheels
5. horizontal stab and rudder assembly
6. radiator
7. 90% of the frame has been replaced to support the 68" prop
8. new rotor head
9. comes with a trailer and aluminum cargo box

Attachments

Last edited:

Bob Simmons

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
60 hours in gyro's
Well Tim, I think I'm going to try something bigger, but I'm not sure what model I want. My gyro can carry a 300 plus size man or a whole family depending what country your from....lol! I want to look around some more for something really big.

Friendly

Platinum Member
Aircraft
KB2 & KB4
Total Flight Time
Bob,
Hopefully you're selling so you can upgrade to something better.
Tim,
Bob and that Gyro were a pretty good combination, I don't know what he would get unless it was a two place machine or maybe a Butterfly.
Bob , I can't believe you are selling that machine. It has been a great flying gyro all the times I have see you in it. Good luck and keep us posted on what you are looking into.

Bob Simmons

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
60 hours in gyro's
What I am asking for the gyro?

What I am asking for the gyro?

How much are you asking for the Air Command?
Hey Guys,
I just put $6,500.00 into it and I paid $8,000.00 for it in 2003. I suppose $10,000.00 would be nice, seeing that its almost new again. It flies great and its really strong. I can go 70 mph with a full 5 gallon tank and cruse 55 mph and I weigh over 310 lbs. Thats pretty good for a 582. Its built for a heavy guy, but it will haul butt for someone lighter. I really doubt if I could get off the ground in a 503, that would be good for crow hopping at full power, and I can forget about 447 unless it was around 80 degrees at sea level after a cool rain.

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
That's a GREAT deal for somebody!!! I suspect it won't be available for very long.

Gyro Doug

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrobee, My design
Total Flight Time
$10,000 seems like a really good deal to me too. I've seen how well you take care of your gyro.

Hal Werlein

Bob, I am a new gyro dreamer. Just joined PRA and the Lone Star Chapter. I also weight right at 300 and have had a heck of a time finding a gyro that can support me. I am very interested in the SparrowHawk III but when I contacted AG they said that it would only support 240 lbs. per seat.

Can I get a phone number, I would like to talk to you about purchasing your gyro, or you can contact me at 832-473-0042. I live in Richmond, Tx and could pick it up.

Thanks,

Hal Werlein
Richmond, Texas
832-473-0042

Bob Simmons

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
60 hours in gyro's
Its waiting for you big guy

Its waiting for you big guy

I would be glad to sell my gyro to you. I will send you a private message.

Last edited:

Bob Simmons

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
60 hours in gyro's
Hey There Buddy

Hey There Buddy

Give me a call. 625-2504 after 6:00 pm.

Bob Simmons

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
60 hours in gyro's
sold it today

sold it today

Well Guys,
I am taking some time off before I build my new gyro. The new owner (ken) is excited and pleased. I flew it for them and and Joe looked it over Ken and I made the deal. I am not out of the sport. I just want someone else to enjoy my aircraft as much as I have. I was only flying it twice a week anyway. I will be back in a year or so.

Attachments

Last edited: