New years

I enjoyed meeting the people there and gabors hospitality for letting me and ron stay in his house for the night! Thanks to ron for the great ride, I am officially hooked. Mike was having problems with his miss-fitt not putting out enough thrust, but with a prop adjustment it flew and climbed great! Gabor, the engine and blades made it safely home! Heres a few half decent pictures I took!

Attachments

• awad.JPG
    awad.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 000_1327.JPG
    000_1327.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
  • davids ship.JPG
    davids ship.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • fire.JPG
    fire.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
Heres a few more pics! Mikes Miss-fitt "pictures just don't do this machine justice". Ron and Greg, and a shot of gregs machine!

Attachments

• miss fit.jpg
    miss fit.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
  • spicola.jpg
    spicola.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ron greg.JPG
    ron greg.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 0
911 Porsche with a mechanical injected 3.0 I think......A couple of us were about to make a gyro out of it...would sound great!

Mike what RRPM do you get with that Pre-ro set up on the Miss fit? I would like to see better pic of it if you can

Brent

Hey Brent, I have a rotor tach made from a Schwinn bicycle speedometer. A ballpark number as configured is 160 RRPM. I have some improvements in mind for that engine that should increase that number. The engine, and gearbox as shown weighs 9.6lbs.
I will post pics asap. Thanks, Mike.

Brent, I found that engine/gearbox setup for sale on e-bay. It came from a go-ped.
It has a centrifugal clutch, and an oil bath gear reduction box. I merely adapted from there. The manufacturer is Viza Scooters.

Thank you for making my penguin butt feel welcome New Year's guys. And thanks for allowing me to pitch in whenever I could. (Maybe over time I'll begin to get everyone's name right, right 'Rich'?) I'm building time - and hopefully, knowledge - In Dave Searce's machine. Anybody wanna trade a Dom for a just-broken-in 911SC?
Larry

Throw some cash in on the deal and you may get some interest. :D

You are welcome Jeff. I am glad you guys had spent the night at my place. At least you all got a nice comfy sleep before the long ride home. I hope you get to build that Bee soon and start flying her as soon as we thaw out :) It would be nice if you could make it down wit it for Bensen days. Either way I hope to see you down here in April :)

I'm tired and gonna sleep good tonight! Thanks for everything Gabor, that was a major help is us getting home at a reasonable hour. Got home before dark, couldn't believe it.

I probably did snore alot last night. Woke up thirsty as heck. Gained 8 pounds on this trip, drank way too many dr peppers.

Gabor, you have a great place, I loved your area, the drive out to I95 was nice, much prettier trees and landscaping than on the west side of Florida. Kasey had a good time as well.

Ron I am glad I could help you out, it was my pleasure to have you guys here. Kasey is such a cute and smart boy I could not believe all that stuff he knew about! Man he is brilliant, and charming too :) Gyorgyi just loved him :) I am glad you guys made it back alright and just know you are always welcomed at my place. Now get some rest since tomorrow is an official work day!

Gabor, I think tomorrow I will take the gyro to the hangar and run some errands. And right now it is brutally cold outside! Compared to FLA....

Mike the engine should bo good as is. It is the gears the engine I have came with a gearbox that is 5 to 1. if I get 6000 at the engine the ring gear is only getting 1200.

I think a 2 to1 will work better getting 3000 to the ring gear.

I see your upper bendix has 3 gears I would like to be able to change them to get the right speed and just run off the clutch 1 to 1.

Hey tim, yeah I got to ride with ron in the front seat! It was the most fun I've ever had in an aircraft! :usa2: We pulled a little bit of gee and chased greg and a few wild hogs around the orange groves lol! What was really cool was the vertical descent, I expected there to be a slight falling sensation but it felt just like sitting in your favorite recliner at home!

About time we got to see some pics.

So Red, did ya get to go for a ride?

gabor, that dog jumped in the bed with me right when I was fallin asleep! don't matter, ron stated snoring like it was going out of style! bitch!

LOL Jeff sorry about the dog man he knows better than that. But I guess he figured if the homey's can't see what he was doing, and no one tossed his butt out than it was all cool LOL. You sure it wasn't the dog that snored? Is this the perpetrator who violated your privacy?

Last edited: