New Years Vote

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Hey Gyronuts how about we take a vote on our newyears meet? Wauchula has better camping and better prices, town is only a few miles away and we have better flying conditions. River Ranch never has power available to R.Vs. and there is a bunch of noise at night for us old guy's who like to go to sleep by 10:00pm. There are only two or three people who bring thier family with them anyway. Going to town is like a fourty mile round trip.

Attending members only PLEASE.

SO LET'S VOTE.

I vote for WAUCHULA---Jake

I vote for Pine Island this year, followed by River Ranch, then followed up by Wauchula.

And I thought a vote was done at the last meeting to do it at Pine Island?

There were only five people there I think this way would be more fair. NewYears and B.D. have always been at Wauchula and they accomadate our needs, River Ranch could care less about our needs. Such as the Davie thing.
Wauchula had put a lot of money in our water and power and the really sopport our club more than anyother airport.

Pine Island and other functions could be held through out the year so we could have more than Two flyins a year. The club is a club so we should vote as a club. No one voice should be heard.

To learn more about the fly ins held at Pine Island look here.
http://www.ucanfly2.com/

They do not yet have any details on the New Years Fly in but you can get a feel for the place.

Laura and I like this as our first choice and Wauchula as our second choice.

As for as family it is as far to Ft.Myers beach from pine island as from wauchula to seista key, and a lot quicker, the traffic is real bad in lee county. Not a lot of places for off field landings eithor. Pine Island is a very nice airport,kind of rough,at least it was the last time that I was there. Is there a beach at Pine Island? If so then it is newly opened to the public.

I'm torn ,I like RR helping the grounds keepers dry of the golf course (gyro
style):D miles and miles of low level flight chasing the airboats and fourwheelers
ect......

I like the sound of Pine Island also flying with other types of aircraft and the
sort but are the P I people ready for the complete domination of there
of air field and air space by our supprior aircraft :cool: I do like the Idea of more exposure and the chance to bring new pilots in to the light.

And Wauchula is Great I love it and Wauchula loves us! No other airport
has done so much for sunstate and gyros as CHN!

I do like a change of sceinorie every now and then if we choose not to do
New Years at Wauchula I wood like to do a July 4th fly-in campout there.

Pine Island and other functions could be held through out the year so we could have more than Two flyins a year. The club is a club so we should vote as a club. No one voice should be heard.

I am not a member of this club and won't be attending the Fly In so I am not trying to put in a vote here. However, as a Local PRA Chapter Officer I do have a thought I would like to share about the above comment.

I totally agree that you should vote as a club and that every member should have an equal say in matters of the clubs activities. But the time and place to do that is at the clubs regularly scheduled activities. If you weren't there and didn't make your thoughts or preferences known to the rest of the group and they chose something you don't like, you have no one to blame for that but yourself. To bring up an issue like this on the forum and try to change the direction that was voted on my the members who did attend that meeting is wrong to do. I believe if you want to change a decision that was made at a chapter meeting you should attend the next chapter meeting and take it up with the members through the proper channels.

Any group is only as strong as it's members. If you have a desire to affect the direction the group is going then attend meeting and lobby for your position. Even better, run for office and be even more involved in the planning process. I am sure they would welcome the help. I know I really appreciate any help that any of our members give. But I would feel bad if they tried to go around the elected officers and what had been decided through the normal accepted procedures to change what we were doing to fit more of what they wanted.

Just some thoughts to think about.

Gyro Doug
PRA Chapter 2

I proposed the Pine Island Fly In. To my knowledge we did not vote on having it there in fact most members had not even heard of the proposal before the meeting. So I think this forum is about the best place we can have this discussion.

Hey GyroGoug
Most memmbers never make the meeting because of the distance we have to go to get to the meetings. This is a good way to get everyones responce not just the few who live close to our meeting grounds. I was at the meeting and most folks were on there way home. So whats fair you tell me? If your chapter is running smooth that's great we have two flyin's a year. Our great club government does eveything last minute, may be as memmbers we need to take some things on our own instead of the few telling the masses how it is. People in office are to service the demands of the club not how they feel that day!! I grant you it"s a crappy possition but if you can"t handle it don't run for office. Buy the way it was brought up but not voted on till it was reserched. J.R. brought it up durring the meeting.

Last edited:
George,

If most of the members can't be there for the meeting then maybe you should consider another way to conduct meeting like doing a phone conference call or conduct votes via e-mail with a time limit on when people need to respond by. I am not trying to tell you how you should run your club. But if it has been set up in whatever system it has, you should follow that system until it is changed.

If you don't like the way your elected officers handle things then you should first discuss it with them and if you can't come to an accord then you should run for office and get more involved and work to change it that way. I suspect the officers of your club are trying to serve the members of the club. You make it sound like some conspiracy where they are changing things around to suit their own personal desires. I seriously doubt that is what's going on, although I admit I am not there and I do not know what is happening.

I simply understand human nature and how easy it is to complain about what someone else is doing or not doing. However, there usually aren't a lot of people volunteering to take the positions and do the work. It's just like everyone wants to complain about how much the National PRA organization ought to be doing but not many will even help when asked. It typically falls on the shoulders of a few to carry the load for the majority.

I don't mean to be argumentative with you. I am simply trying to point out that I believe you should follow the system that has already been put in place and if that system isn't working you should go through the proper channels to change the system. More involvement from the members of any group always makes it stronger and better. Best of luck!!!

Gyro Doug

Doug;

Thank you for your input you seem like a man with much knowledge and you should be addmired for that, but are you saying I don't have FREEDOM OF SPEACH ON THIS FORUM, or are these just your opinions if so , start your own thead about political rights and wrongs. Let my folks right me if I'm wrong.

:focus:

So lets try this again THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Looks like Pine Island is already having a fly-in the 4th of July. Why don't you go to that fly-in to check out the airport, facilities, etc. and then do New Years at Wauchula?

PS. I can't make either so don't consider this a vote one way or the other.

Gyro Doug
Our Club is kinda like we fly by the seat or our pants and we are kinda makng
the rules up as we go and Jake is a board member, we hear what your saying
but incase you did not notice this is the CH26 thread and I being another
board member would like to hear from other Members of Sunstate as to there
thoughts on this matter.
thanks for your opinion on how to handle this but you know what they say
about opinions. besides who is they any way :)

I think the 4th of july might be a good Idea,what about that? Joe,Jake,JR,
Bud,Rick,Ronnie,Tim and other sunstate members :noidea:

I think the more Ideas the better. We could have a great thing going with cook outs, camping and just good old flying fun as a club. Immokolee has given me the O.K. to have flyins and camping there also. Thats a great place to fly. We could meet there anytime and have some breakfast flyins for the planes and our selves. I'm game for more club activities cause we have a bunch of good people that like to have fun. Most of all we seem to all stick together through thick and thin. How many clubs can say that.