New Years get together at Wauchula

Rick Martin

Gold Member
Aircraft
Everglades Kite Gyro, Tandem Dominator
Total Flight Time
900 hours
As usual, on the first weekend of January, and especially Saturday Jan 2nd, we'll be getting a few people together in Wauchula for our New Years get together. Nothing fancy, just a bunch of gyro heads hangin' out.

Come one, come all

Last edited:
What days are the morons gonna be there? I'm going up to Arcadia in the morning, not sure I will get to Wauchula.
JR. should be around by now but I haven't heard from him.
You all chime in if you don't mind!

We got to see JR last weekend. He did say he'd stop back by the New Year's get together on his way back up north if he could.

I know Davey and Joe will be there starting Friday. I believe Davey is cooking the turkey on Saturday. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

I know Hendrik and Greg are coming for at least Saturday.

Pass the word.

Was there yesterday. Working today so I won't make it. Looks like its gonna be cold and windy I don't feel so bad that my gyro is down for a coolant leak.

Well, despite the weather we had a really nice turnout. Only a little flyin' but a lot of gyro activity, help sessions, discussion and as usual, some great food. Turkey, ham, black-eyed peas, cornbread, pinto beans, mashed potatoes, dressing and assorted deserts.

Thanks to all who came, brought food and helped, especially Joe and Davey.

I'll post some photos tomorrow when I get home.

Oh, and special congrats to Ben Harrison who flew the pattern for the first time on Friday.

I guess we had about 18 or so folks show up (not all are pictured).

Photo 1: The previously mentioned vittles.

Photo 2: Left table - Paul Erbele (used to run the skydiving operation at Wauchula) and Steve Jones
Right table - John Lodge, Eric & his wife (from Polk County) Brooke Beetler, Phil Alvarez, Ernie Boyette

Photo 3: Same table, different view

Photo 4: Jack Ross and in the back are Dave Seace, Dave Bliss & myself

The MTO guys Hendrick Grobler & Kent Goddard had left by photo time.

And those peas, beans and cornbread were even better today for lunch.

Attachments

• New Year 2016 2.jpg
    New Year 2016 2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1
  • New Year 2016 3.jpg
    New Year 2016 3.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1
  • New Year 2016 4.jpg
    New Year 2016 4.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1
  • New Year 2016 5.jpg
    New Year 2016 5.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks Rick

Thanks Rick

for posting club activity & captioning pics .... sometimes hard to tell who's who ...when hiding under hats & hands!!! :lol:

Already we're looking fwds to BDays 2016 to hang out with our SE gyronut friends! :whoo: