New windshields

coyotekyk

If I want to change the windshields of my M16: Can I use a flat piece of lexan, or on the contrary they have a certain shape and should I order the originals?

If I want to change the windshields of my M16: Can I use a flat piece of lexan, or on the contrary they have a certain shape and should I order the originals?
The windshield on an M16 looks flat to me.

Try pulling yours off and see if the plastic will lay flat.

The Predator has a windshield made of plastic (Lexan) from home depot.

The screws pull it around starting in the middle.

I would probably get the one from Magni.

Attachments

• 1s.jpg
    1s.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 10
Mario,

Is just a sheet bended, so you can do any shape with the condition to be a single curvature bend

Mario;
I've had great success cutting my own from a sheet of LEXAN. I've made one a bit taller and wider using the original as a template.
I used a tile scoring knife to slowly scratch through the sheet (flat surface, gloves and patience). I may have been able to use a jigsaw for a faster cut but my finished edge was smooth without any 'waviness' along the outer edge. Minor sanding on the cut edge and good to go.
I replicated the paint along the bottom edge with a plastic paint from Bickel Race Cars Inc (used on polycarb windows) Part#: JBRC4002. Pre-drilled the mounting holes with a new bit. Good off-season project.
IMG_4849 (2).jpg

-Kurt