New website for SilverLight Aviation (AR-1) Gyroplane

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 560 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes. Pilot Airplane
Hi All:
We have launched a new website which was overdue. Please check it out and let us know if you find anything incorrect or just a good suggestion of more information etc.
There is a Blog section and we plan to put out these blogs on a subject once a month at least.
The website should be mobile friendly as well

That’s a very well laid out website Fara. Easy to navigate, clear, well written and comprehensive with good photos. Great job.

Real nice site Clean & simple to navigate with answers to most of the questions if not all.
Must have taken a great deal of thought & time.(y)
So many sites try to be clever & flash & fail.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's one from the very first page: "take lessons with us to earn a Spot Pilot License." :giggle:

I found this and the above just in the first five minutes of reading... "than composite leaf gear fund in many production machines". Should I keep going?
Spell check is no substitute for proofreading. 🙃

Real nice site Clean & simple to navigate with answers to most of the questions if not all.
Must have taken a great deal of thought & time.(y)
So many sites try to be clever & flash & fail.

Thank you. If you find something incorrect or not clear or any suggestion for anything you'd like to see in the blog, please let me know ([email protected])

I found this and the above just in the first five minutes of reading... "than composite leaf gear fund in many production machines". Should I keep going?
Spell check is no substitute for proofreading. 🙃

Proof Reading works better when someone who didn't write the original content reads it. Those little missing letters etc. my eyes fill those in while yours don't. So thanks and if you find something else let me know. I will correct. it. Did develop the whole thing in about a week with a few all nighters, so I am sure there are bound to be more mistakes like that. Please send anything you find incorrect to [email protected]

Nice website. I do have a suggestion and it's one of my pet peeves. On several pages you reference a FAA License. Well, there is NO such thing as a FAA License. The FAA issues Certificates. So, you've got a lot of correcting to do to make your site more professional. :)

Nice looking gyroplanes.

One of my pet peeves is the use of the noun, "reference", as a verb. ;) The Army loves to do that.
Interestingly, the relevant FAA web page is entitled "Licenses & Certificates".

Last edited:
Reference Merriam-Webster:

reference

verb

referenced
; referencing

Definition of reference (Entry 3 of 3)

transitive verb

1a: to supply with references

b: to cite in or as a reference

2: to put in a form (such as a table) adapted to easy reference

Everyone knows Merriam-Webster accepts any usage whatsoever, and when it's the last entry on their list, you know it's far from the original and, in my opinion, proper usage.
Have you no comment on the use of "license" vs "certificate", Vance? I am surprised at you.

As a flight instructor this is an ongoing challenge for me.

The world generally feels a pilot’s certificate is a pilot’s license.

As a CFI I am supposed to use the correct (FAA) terminology.

I often have people contact me wanting a gyroplane rating who claim to have a pilot’s license.

My father’s airline transport license reads license rather than certificate.

Most people imagine I am a Certified Flight Instructor when I am a Certificated Flight Instructor.

I make an effort to use the correct language.

I feel the only way to win and argument is to avoid one so I seldom correct people unless it involves safety or basic principles.

Abid is generally appealing to people who think of a pilot’s certificate as a pilot’s license so using the language they understand may lead to more productive communication.

Most of the engineering manuals I read often use reference as a verb.

I did not know that about Merriam-Webster and often reference them.

I am not an educated man and I struggle with English; particularly whilst I am visiting United Kingdom.

Spelling and grammar completely elude me.

Most people imagine I am a Certified Flight Instructor when I am a Certificated Flight Instructor.
I make an effort to use the correct language.

You mean you are making an effort to use government language. :)
This is yet an another example of a noun being turned into a verb when there's a perfectly good verb from which the noun came (cf. "refer" & "reference"). A "certificate" (noun) is a paper, or something similar, to "certify" (verb) that you have accomplished something. But these days "certified" doesn't sound official enough. So, having been given a certificate, you are now "certificated" (yes it's now a verb AND an adjective!). Some will argue that "certificated" only means you have been given a certificate, which doesn't necessarily certify anything.
Bureaucracy is always inflating language to make things seem bigger than they really are (and to make things harder for ordinary people to understand).

Re the UK: what's the difference there between "practise" and "practice"? (hint, one's a verb and the other isn't)

I make an effort to communicate the best way I know how.

I try to fulfill my role as a CFI and use the correct language.

This has sometimes been interpreted as condescending.

I found in the United Kingdom that I often miscommunicated and had a particular challenge with people with a strong Scottish brogue.

Phil Harwood is kind enough to have subtitles on many of his videos to help people like me understand him.

License; would seem to refer to an item; whereas certificated refer to crewmembers, parachute riggers, mechanics etc.

Just a quess.