New thread for the old, paper ROTORCRAFT magazine issues

Jeff had been scanning and sending me the .pdf's but for some reason stopped with most everything up to 1999. I'm planning to contact him and discuss the way forward. I need to find out what scanner and process he was using. I may be able to finish them up, but not with my POS HP all in one!

Bobby

I am using a HP MFP 2604SDW printer scanner, and then running the magazine through Adobe Acrobat to clean up the pages and then shrink the file for e-mailing.

One knee replacement in September and the other knee in December. Still working on them to recover as much movement back as is possible. Shop has been busy. I should be able to start scanning again soon, starting with the 2000 date copies and working my way to latest issues that I have.

Bobby,
Send me your email address.
My son & I scanned the Jan 1999 issue & will send it to you to see how it looks.

Rudy:

Yes, .pdf looks great. I've been swamped working with another private org and will add this issue to the website once I run Flipping Book on it.

Let me see what Flipping Book does with it. I'll run it tomorrow.

Do you have newer issues of the mag?

Bobby

Anyone got the June, August, October and December 1980 magazines either digitally or to buy the paper version?

Rudy has rained a plethora (I always liked that word!) of Rotorcraft Flying Magazines that he had in .pdf format. At last count I think there were 43, simply amazing.

I will be converting these and adding to the PRA website over the next few days.

I thank you and so does the PRA.

Bobby

Last edited:
Those were already in PDF format from the old PRA website.
They went to the digital format i think from 2010 to 2015, then we had the center of the Powered Sport Flying magazine,
My son is working on scanning 9 years, 2000 to 2009.
It will take a while, he's doing 1 or 2 a day.

Those were already in PDF format from the old PRA website.
They went to the digital format i think from 2010 to 2015, then we had the center of the Powered Sport Flying magazine,
My son is working on scanning 9 years, 2000 to 2009.
It will take a while, he's doing 1 or 2 a day.
Still, thank you for these Rudy. They were not provided when I took over the website and units a few.weeks ago I was unaware that the existed.

Bobby

Rudy emailed me .pdf files for RCF from 2010, when the publication was restarted in eZine format thro the 4 issues in 2015. I have those converted and up on the website.

Does anyone know when the printed magazines were discontinued? 2008, 9?

Does anyone know if there were any additional magazines published in 2015 or later?

Bobby

I received an email about this thread asking what happened to all the PDF file magazines you gave PRA.
I paid $2,500 to the past editor for a hard copy of all the magazines that PRA published I paid over $5,000 to have them all scanned in back in 2010.
I gave Bobby a copy of all of them as scanned PDF files.
What happened to them?
Do you need me to find my copies and dropbox them to you again?

Won't bother you except it seems like you're starting over.

I received an email about this thread asking what happened to all the PDF file magazines you gave PRA.
I paid $2,500 to the past editor for a hard copy of all the magazines that PRA published I paid over $5,000 to have them all scanned in back in 2010.
I gave Bobby a copy of all of them as scanned PDF files.
What happened to them?
Do you need me to find my copies and dropbox them to you again?

Won't bother you except it seems like you're starting over.
John:

The .pdf files that you provided were hit or miss. Lots of corrupt files, missing issues etc. You provided up thru 1999, nothing later even though you had lots of files later than that. Jeff Tipton has pretty much provided replacement files for the many corrupt or missing data that you left the PRA with.

I just managed to get the .pdf files from Dec 2010 thru the 4 2015 issues that were the original eZines from PRA that you did not share.

I am now also trying to fill in the gaps with the missing issues from 1999 to 2010 that you did not EVER provide.

Don't plead this with me after all of the BS that I went thru with you trying to recover PRA material.

I did start over and so is the organization. Thanks for your belated concern.

How about sharing the remaining issues, 1999 - 2010? That would be very nice.

Bobby