New Sportcopter in Panama...!

I know how it is... we just appreciate any time you can give us Ramon!!

We would very much like to share in your progress and relaxation with you!

I have to say to everyone here: it is I that feel very blessed indeed...!

I have great friends N. & S. of the boarder...and without this forum...would never have met any of you...!

The Ultralight club at Calzada is full of so many great guys...Ramon, Joaco, Robert (Fiveboy), Benny, Pillio, Alvaro, Tony, Manny, Antonio, etc. etc. (and so many more to name...some just not necessarily Gyro guys).

I will certainly shoot more photos and post them (and especially the one's already requested in this thread).

Should ANYONE desire to visit all of us down here...just say the word..!
It makes for one heck of a vacation I can assure you...just ask Chuck Roberg...or Brian (Wingnut) what kind of a time they've had down here....you'll get the truth from them.

M-M.

Last edited:
Mike- You da man- the Panama connection! So, will you be giving us a personal test flight report of this Sportcopter? Sportcopters are very nice gyros. Keep enjoying it down there. I feel you are living a good life. You have a lot of potential with your mechanical, jewelry, and Rotax skills. Best of luck to you! Stan

Mike, Take alot of pics of the chicks , too. Is the SC flying yet ? Post some pics of it & the Jungle Jet , too !

Mikes been a busy bee working just about all the time at our ultralight club. The Sportcopter Ramon has is truly a beautiful machine. We have 4.5 gyros at our small club.

You may have seen this but I am attaching a link to a video from another member of where we fly (Lake Alajuela) shot from an amphib (and Aventura aircraft). This is where Madden Dam is located which is formed by the Chagres river. I frequently fly low along that river below the canopy. It is a very very exciting flight. You have to make sure you are on your game though as a wide turn in the wrong spot can have you heading toward tree limbs. Notice the clouds are very close. Those wispy grey ones are very neat to fly through. You can see through them so you know you will emerge ok, but for a moment you are 'in' one its all cool and watery tasting. Just the ticket in an open cockpit like Jungle Jet on a hot Panama day. This must have been shot during the rainy season sometime because of the wispy grey clouds as well as the fact that the water level is high and there are few places to land along the shore. When its high like that I tend to stay more onshore so I have landing places. The water doesnt appeal to me as anything but a secondary option. In the dryer season there are all kinds of beaches and sand dunes popping up. The water level is controlled based on rainfall and the drinking water and ship needs of the city and canal.

Ultralight - Lake Alajuela, Panama - YouTube

Sorry to hijack the thread with tourist info. Back to you Mike.

Not a hi-jack...I can never get enough of those views over the lake..!
Thanks "R" for posting this video.
-----
@ Chris...
Yes...the Vortec is flight ready...but Ramon is a very busy guy and is often traveling due to his work and doesn't get the chance as often as I know he really wants to. My mission is to keep his machines flight ready and "wet" so he can hop in and go...which I do.
Re: Photos, etc...
You bet I will...photo's and Videos...!
Robert fly's almost every weekend...and when he doesn't head off far a field (away from Video sight range)...I'll get some more Vid's for Ya' all to enjoy.
-----
@ Stan...
Thanks for the kind words Stan...doing what I can to help out down here and get the ball rolling in this new life of mine.
Sorry folks...No...I won't be flying the Vortex (but will gladly Video Ramon when he gives the word).

I feel very responsible for the work I do on other peoples machines...and like a Doctor, my motto is: "Do no harm".
(...but most importantly, I WANT them to be safe and fly without concern for the work I do for them).

I'll gladly run em' up, taxi around to make sure all is functioning correctly...but I will NOT ever fly another person's machine...because I never want to be in a position to have to tell someone "Hey...I had a bad accident in YOUR machine".
It's better this way I feel.

M-M.

Last edited:
Good to see you posting again, Robert !

Mike, I feel the same way about flying someone else's machine !

Did you guys buy houses there or rent ?