New Sparrowhawk

Brent Drake

Gyroplane Instructor
Aircraft
Pipers/Cessna's/Magnus, Helo's/Gyro's
Total Flight Time
4,000+
I've been told that some new Sparrowhawks will be coming available. If anyone is serious about buying one get in touch with me.

Brent: How many new ones? Pricing? Location?

Also, there is a fellow in our local PRA chapter that has a SH. He has been looking for a N.O.S. windshield. Do you know if any are available and if so, how much?

I am preparing for retirement next month and hope to finish my SH I over the winter in my heated hanger. Great news for AAI.

I spoke with somebody who recently called AAI, and was informed that now they are not reintroducing the Sparrowhawk.
No reason was given.

JJ Campbell;n1142270 said:
I'm guessing based in its gross weight, it does not qualify as an LSA. Yes?

Maximum gross takeoff weight for Light Sport Aircraft is 1320 pounds.

Brent,
The latest is that program is scrapped, suspended at best. But...do you still have a Sparrowhawk you are teaching in?
That is a shame.

As of just today all plans are to ship everything still in their Tooele, UT facility to Europe, their Hawk 5 facility. It was unclear what will happen with the Sparrowhawk still at Pegasus but probably the same fate.

The new company is Skyworks Global International. Groen Bros Aviation holds stock but will not at this time be involved in any gyroplane kit or production activities but may support Skyworks activity.