New RN

paulp

paulp
Aircraft
Taylorcraft mod 19=RAF2000
Total Flight Time
3800+
Howdy All,
Today was a great day for mother and I because our second daughter received her BSN(Batchelor of Science in Nursing) Today. I now have 2 RNs for daughters.
Happy, Happy, Happy!!!!!:first::usa2:

Congrats Paul, something to be very proud of and now two children who can give you expert care in your old age!

Congratulations! My wife is an RN and one of our daughters followed in her footsteps.

Congratulations also! My daughter Jennifer received her degree in nursing and is now the head nurse on her floor at Carle Hospital in Urbana, Il. Great profession.

Sounds like you did good with your kids paul,you deserve a atta-boy.

Best regards,

Congratulations Paul.

Congratulations Paul.

Parenting is a big adventure and so hard to measure and quantify what a good job is.

It appears to me you have done a good job.

Congrats!

Congrats!

Just don'e let them turn into flight nurses!

Thank all of you for the kind replys. It was a long struggle for both of them but we are very proud.
There is a severe shortage of RN's! This daughter received a job offer during her finals, from a hospital where she did her ER clinicals, and went in for an interview
the next morning. That afternoon she was called back for a peer review. The next morning she had another final and on her way to class got a job offer, via text, for their 2 year internship program.The hospital is paying for a review class for her NClex exam(kinda like a national state board exam) and some other stuff plus they are paying a great sign-on bonus.

Now I feel comfortable they can find a good home for me and Ma Patterson!:usa2:

Hi Paul,

Congratulations of your daughter's BSN graduation and to her proud parents too! A most noble profession. More and more hospitals are requiring nurses to possess a BSN degree, especially if the hospital has Magnet Status.

It depends in what part of the country one lives that is experiencing a shortage of nurses. There are states that the starting pay for a RN is around $25 an hour and it is those states that seem to experience a "shortage". Here in California, the starting pay is around $40 an hour and there are plenty of RNs that are out of work because there are more RNs than jobs. In fact in the past five years, there's been a number of California hospitals that have laid off a large number of 20+ year RNs without BSN degrees in favor of new grad BSN degree RNs. The states that have lower starting wage do not have many foreign graduate nurses, but the states that have higher starting RN wage, the hospitals are manned by an extreme large majority of foreign graduate nurses; California included (and all of those foreign grad nurses posses BSN degrees). Interestingly, the one state that never experiences a nurse shortage is Hawaii. Many RNs want to live and work in Hawaii, so it's an employer's market, and the RN pay is very low compared to the cost of living there.

Regardless of they pay, if a nurse is there strictly for the patient, then that is a great nurse to have take care of you.

I know many of nurses who truly are angels in scrubs.

Wayne

Cause for celebration, Paul!
My sister is an RN; great profession.

Blessings,
Kolibri

I have (unfortunately) been a patient on many occasions. Every single time, the biggest determining factor in the quality of the experience for me was the nursing care. Having a great doctor is nice, but she/he'll only drop in now and then between rounds (of patients, or of golf), while the nurse will be right there with you as you suffer at 3:00 a.m. They can't be paid too much, in my opinion. Never met one who didn't really care about people, and showed it every day.