New RAF 2000 build

Mike Leimetter

Mike Leimetter
Aircraft
2005 RAF 2000 (Building)
Total Flight Time
10 gyro, 100 fw
Well, we managed to get the project home. Now to inventory parts. Looking for the main gear assembly as the previous owner apparently drilled the holes wrong, ordered a new one and misplaced it. Any help in finding one would be greatly appreciated!!

Mike

Waldo

Aircraft
Mooney, RAF 2000
Total Flight Time
Mike,
How fast do you need it and what parts specifically. I'm building an RAF but I am designing and building my own landing gear so I don't need the ones I got with my kit.

Matt

Mike Leimetter

Mike Leimetter
Aircraft
2005 RAF 2000 (Building)
Total Flight Time
10 gyro, 100 fw
Mike,
How fast do you need it and what parts specifically. I'm building an RAF but I am designing and building my own landing gear so I don't need the ones I got with my kit.

Matt
Hi Matt! Well, obviously as soon as possible so I can get it up on gear. The previous owner did some initial work to it and the cabin is mounted along with the vertical stab so it’s lying on its side. What were you thinking? I will have to remove the cabin to repaint it because it’s pretty marred up from lying on its side.

Mike Leimetter

Mike Leimetter
Aircraft
2005 RAF 2000 (Building)
Total Flight Time
10 gyro, 100 fw
Mike,

Matt
Sorry Matt I didn’t read your post correctly. Im hoping I just need the main axle shaft assembly. I haven’t had time to do a complete inventory of parts just yet, that will come this weekend. Im hoping the mounting brackets are there but may need them too.

Waldo

Aircraft
Mooney, RAF 2000
Total Flight Time
That might work out fine. I'm not planning on using the axle or mounting brackets in my build. I don't know if it will be cost effective for me to send them to you from Virginia or for you to just have them fabricated locally. I could give you all the dimensions if you wanted to do that too.

Mike Leimetter

Mike Leimetter
Aircraft
2005 RAF 2000 (Building)
Total Flight Time
10 gyro, 100 fw
So I want to add a horizontal stabilizer. Who has the best ones, and where can I get them? Also, is a drop keel and lowering the engine necessary if I have a horizontal stab and stabilator? Also seriously considering calling Jim at Sportcopter for a blade set up

Mike