I saw this prop. This basically is the basic version of their constant speed prop simplified down to really quick pitch adjustment on the ground. A bit steep in price at $5k. Otherwise a great idea for someone who wants to do a XC or a local flight

So you can change it to climb prop after landing at 8MA4 Crow Island for better takeoff performance to get above tree tops, then land at Minuteman for fuel and change it to cruise pitch for flight home. Cool!

Very interesting information, thanks...

I saw this prop. This basically is the basic version of their constant speed prop
Would you recommend to install constant speed prop on M-24 with 915iS or do you think it does not provide much benefits over the quick ground adjustable, like Flashblack-2-M above? Thanks!

Last edited:
Would you recommend to install constant speed prop on M-24 with 915iS or do you think it does not provide much benefits over the quick ground adjustable, like Flashblack-2-M above? Thanks!
I am sure it provides benefits but you have to be a private pilot on gyros to use it and when you go to sell your potential buyers will be limited to private pilots on gyros. So don’t expect to get your money on the prop back. The question I would ask is do you need that benefit? May be instead of 141 HP with fixed pitch you are restricted to 136 HP. Is that enough? We use Kiev prop 4 blade ground adjustable on 915. It probably restricts us to 136 HP. It’s $2k. Versus $5k for quick adjust or $8k for constant speed. It’s always a compromise.

Last edited:
Inquiring Minds, Barry flies his AR-1 all around New England. You should sync up with him and do some local trips. Hampton along the coast is nice flight for lunch. Crow Island has the trapeze setup in the spring which can be fun to watch. There is another AR-1 there, but not sure it’s flying yet. There are some nice islands up along Maine coast to check out near some farms inland. Can fly down along the cape and Martha’s vineyards in the summer. I’d stay away from Block Island. Montock is nice place to walk around and get some good eats. Hudson corridor is a fun trip to see NYC up close. I use to have black hawks follow me, but not sure they do that anymore. If you do get some in flight close ups of Barry flying his AR-1 since need screen background photos of gyros flying fro the air. Ground shots aren’t too good.

Inquiring Minds, Barry flies his AR-1 all around New England. You should sync up with him and do some local trips. Hampton along the coast is nice flight for lunch. Crow Island has the trapeze setup in the spring which can be fun to watch. There is another AR-1 there, but not sure it’s flying yet. There are some nice islands up along Maine coast to check out near some farms inland. Can fly down along the cape and Martha’s vineyards in the summer. I’d stay away from Block Island. Montock is nice place to walk around and get some good eats. Hudson corridor is a fun trip to see NYC up close. I use to have black hawks follow me, but not sure they do that anymore. If you do get some in flight close ups of Barry flying his AR-1 since need screen background photos of gyros flying fro the air. Ground shots aren’t too good.
The other AR-1 is flying. Tabor is coming here sometime soon to get his SP-CFI gyro add-on

I see Crow Island is planning a pancake breakfast for the 15th prox.

So how are you liking your new prop? Do you see any drawbacks at all?
I am thinking my Magni/Arplast is a bit overpitched when I need max takeoff power... I cannot get it even to 5500 at full throttle (until I get some altitude in cruise, when I don't really need it). I have yet to get anywhere near the max of 5800 in any config. It is pretty cruise efficient, though, so I am loath to re-pitch it, especially since that isn't the easiest thing to do.
It sure would be nice to able to make quick and easy pitch adjustments on the ground for the times I'm heavy (with a passenger) vs light (just me).

You are right, wolfy. I can get to over 5500 eventually, but only once I'm well away in the air, on warmer days.
At some point I'm going to want to replace the entire prop, as it gets a little chewed up flying off the turf all the time. Duc's solution for easy ground adjustment sounds pretty appealing, even with the fairly hefty price tag.
I am hoping Inquiring Mind (or anyone, really) can tell me if they think it's been worth it.

So how are you liking your new prop? Do you see any drawbacks at all?
So far I like it: yesterday I got the gyro out to run-up area, tied it by the keel to concrete support of street light using trailer tie-up belts, and in 3 iterations adjusted the max static RPM at WOT to 5500. It took me at most 5 minutes, including time to tie the gyro up. Could be done in 2 minutes if done by two people, I was alone and had three times to get in, start the engine, get it to WOT, stop the engine, get out, adjust the prop (3 seconds), get back, start the engine...

I have not flown the gyro with it yet.

The only drawback I see so far is the price.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty steep... Fara was saying $5K, but I'm seeing $7.5K. Which is correct?

It's probably this one, found at the DUC web page:

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-20 a las 9.01.51.png

Yes that's the one, but on their US website it shows $7500 for some reason...
Inquiring Minds, I'd definitely like to get your opinion of it once you have flown with it a bit.