New PRA Website

Sv.grainne

Thanks folks, I'll sort through this tomorrow. Abid is first because I'm going to list some CFIs alphabetically by first name. Especially considering his recent help!

🙂

bugflyer

Bugflyer
Aircraft
owned C-205, Titan Tornado II, hours in several other aircraft
Total Flight Time
Anyone know if Dr. George Woods of Anchorage AK and Woodland CA is still instructing?
smiles,
Charles

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 472 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
Thanks folks, I'll sort through this tomorrow. Abid is first because I'm going to list some CFIs alphabetically by first name. Especially considering his recent help!

🙂

Yes my name starting with AB ... you know how many butt dials I get a week and the person does not even know they have called me. Sometimes its hilarious what I get to hear

JEFF TIPTON

Aircraft
Grumman AA5
Total Flight Time

Sv.grainne

Would it be possible to provide the list of instructors based on the instructor page with a link on that page to another page by state by state?

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
I would suggest adding a self service page for instructors, manufacturers to sign up into a PRA database like MySQL in GoDaddy. A simple schema for database needs to be developed so some thought has to be put into what PRA wants to offer its manufacturer members through their website. Perhaps manufacturers could submit PRA all their bulletins and PRA can publish them in one place etc. These things have to be thought through. May be a manufacturer could offer special discounts for PRA members that donate to PRA should be published on a manufacturer's specific page on PRA website. The tech side is just implementation but unless the PRA board actually decides what they want on the website in slightly more advanced functionality no tech guy is going to do it for them

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Staff member
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
In the past instructors needed to be a member of the PRA to be listed. It was money well spent for me. Often PRA is the first thing that comes up when someone searches for gyroplane flight instruction. I would be a member anyway because I love gyroplanes.
GREAT JOB BOBBY AND CHRISTIEN!!! I am so impressed with the swiftness of the response.

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time

Sv.grainne

Use a map widget for the US with pins for instructor locations which give instructor's info. I think they have that available off the shelf somewhere to customize.
An example here

Sounds good but I have a life to. WIll see what I can do. For now just concerned with getting the site back up. Members only page pending, still need to do Convention registration and working to clean up magazine subscription for 2020.

Sv.grainne

Listing by state going to have to wait. Page is easy to see on a computer but maybe 20seconds to scroll thru on a phone. Adding 50 new pages or setting 50 new links and the menu that is messy at best.

Sv.grainne

In the past instructors needed to be a member of the PRA to be listed. It was money well spent for me. Often PRA is the first thing that comes up when someone searches for gyroplane flight instruction. I would be a member anyway because I love gyroplanes.
GREAT JOB BOBBY AND CHRISTIEN!!! I am so impressed with the swiftness of the response.
Thanks, have been concerned for some time with lack of reliable web presence. Lots of stuff to sort through and will get this fixed. I've spoken with 2 CFI's on listings so will take your comments to heart and get it corrected. I'm working from 2020 info from the old PRA Website and input from you folks. Thank you

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
Thanks, have been concerned for some time with lack of reliable web presence. Lots of stuff to sort through and will get this fixed. I've spoken with 2 CFI's on listings so will take your comments to heart and get it corrected. I'm working from 2020 info from the old PRA Website and input from you folks. Thank you

I think PRA should be in the business of promoting gyroplane and rotorcraft flying and should list any and all active instructors, members or not. Its to serve and grow the world of light rotorcraft

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
Sounds good but I have a life to. WIll see what I can do. For now just concerned with getting the site back up. Members only page pending, still need to do Convention registration and working to clean up magazine subscription for 2020.

No problem. You are using WordPress I think. There are $20 plugins that make it easier whenever you get ready to try it

knussear

No problem. You are using WordPress I think. There are $20 plugins that make it easier whenever you get ready to try it

There is a free wordpress plugin called Store locator that has this functionality.