New Plastic ID?

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
Hey John, when I renewed last year I received an email about a new plastic ID and how to activate it.
The thing is I never received an PRA ID, at all.

David Mikesell

Same here. The website is down too.
This explains why no more cards have been printed and I'm a One-man band with no help offered.
The rest of the story.
Bought the card printer. It came with 100 cards. I printed those.

Realized that if PRA bought cards with a chip on it we could have automatic payment at Fly-in's.

In order to make that happen, I need to get a sample of a chipped card. Select the equipment to read the cards and test the cards and equipment.

The first labor priority is the website.
The 2nd is testing the new cards and printing them.

OH, ok, thanks for the info

Keep it simple. Just issue simple membership cards.

What exactly is the point of a membership card, "simple" or not?
It seems to me that most of us already carry around enough ID cards. Anyone really needing to know who's a current member and who's not can easily carry an electronic list of members, and can ask a member to show some other ID, if that's really necessary (and how often is it necessary?)

This explains why no more cards have been printed and I'm a One-man band with no help offered.
The rest of the story.
Bought the card printer. It came with 100 cards. I printed those.

Realized that if PRA bought cards with a chip on it we could have automatic payment at Fly-in's.

In order to make that happen, I need to get a sample of a chipped card. Select the equipment to read the cards and test the cards and equipment.

The first labor priority is the website.
The 2nd is testing the new cards and printing them.
Do email membership cards for the year your membership is good. That way if you lose or damage your membership card you can print another one or just keep one on your cell phone. You will also save on mail cost.

That is a fast and easy solution!!! BRILLIANT as I explained in the email regarding the same.
I'll let the member print their own card too from a menu. And when they join or renew it will email you an image of your membership card.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for automated, awesome, SOLUTIONS.

PS:
The private server and website are PUBLISHED!!!
Now testing, but it all seems to be working as it has been on my development machine.