New Orders for AR1C

HeliSwede

Aircraft
R44/22, Bell206L1, Hughes 300C, AirCommand, McCulloch J-2, AG Calidus, Magni M24
Total Flight Time
Fara, I see that you have taken an order for Serial Number 52 a new AR1C 915. Congrats on your continued success! Love all the videos on the web. Very informative and please keep them coming!

I am a helicopter guy toying with the idea of buying a gyro some day ... the AR series is one of my top 3 favorites.

Lots of improvements since this video (Like new Tail design for canopy gyro AR-1C) but still gives you insight at how the AR-1 is produced

I am a helicopter guy toying with the idea of buying a gyro some day ... the AR series is one of my top 3 favorites.
Martin,

I'm a long time, high time heli pilot and were where I was about 6 months ago in your Gyro search. I have logged time in several different makes and models of Gyroplanes including Magni 16 & 24, AG Calidus, Cavalon, RAF, Machettti, Arrow Copter, Air Command, McCJ2, A&S 18A. I have researched a lot more makes and models and read as many owner/pilot reviews as I could find. I've also tried to get time in a couple of other makes/models but could not find one available for a demo flight. Plus, I placed a high importance on factory support of parts, Q&A, same make/model owners near me, etc. But the number one thing I was looking for was a high quality build and flight quality. So, I began to rule out models that had narrow (not wide) main gear, hidden "critical" flight controls that could not be inspected during routine preflights, nose wheels that propagated deviation of flight path when touching down in a cross wind, reported problems with rotor blades, cracked fames/masts, body construction that is difficult or impossible to repair, any model that I was unable to get a demo flight in, less than 10 activity flying in the U.S.A, and as a Heli pilot, I absolutely hate stick shake. I understand it can not be totally eliminated, but I have seen videos and flown in at least (4) makes, models were the blades were tracked and balanced so well and the aircraft made/tuned so well, that the stick moved no more than 1/4" and the cabin was also not shaking. So, happy to hear you are considering the AR1, since it was in my top 3 choices as well. You will find Abid at Siverlight to be very responsive to all your questions and will find it rather easy to get all the information you should need about the AR1. I was lucky enough to have (2) AR1s within an hour drive from my home and was able to fly with them several weeks back. That helped a lot as I would never purchase a model I had not flown.

Last edited:
Thanks HeliSwede ... I am much like you ... WHO the manufacturer is becomes just as important as the machine itself.

Fortunately the industry has matured and many dealers/manufacturers have gained our trust.

Martin,

I'm a long time, high time heli pilot and were where I was about 6 months ago in your Gyro search. I have logged time in several different makes and models of Gyroplanes including Magni 16 & 24, AG Calidus, Cavalon, RAF, Machettti, Arrow Copter, Air Command, McCJ2, A&S 18A. I have researched a lot more makes and models and read as many owner/pilot reviews as I could find. I've also tried to get time in a couple of other makes/models but could not find one available for a demo flight. Plus, I placed a high importance on factory support of parts, Q&A, same make/model owners near me, etc. But the number one thing I was looking for was a high quality build and flight quality. So, I began to rule out models that had narrow (not wide) main gear, hidden "critical" flight controls that could not be inspected during routine preflights, nose wheels that propagated deviation of flight path when touching down in a cross wind, reported problems with rotor blades, cracked fames/masts, body construction that is difficult or impossible to repair, any model that I was unable to get a demo flight in, less than 10 activity flying in the U.S.A, and as a Heli pilot, I absolutely hate stick shake. I understand it can not be totally eliminated, but I have seen videos and flown in at least (4) makes, models were the blades were tracked and balanced so well and the aircraft made/tuned so well, that the stick moved no more than 1/4" and the cabin was also not shaking. So, happy to hear you are considering the AR1, since it was in my top 3 choices as well. You will find Abid at Siverlight to be very responsive to all your questions and will find it rather easy to get all the information you should need about the AR1. I was lucky enough to have (2) AR1s within an hour drive from my home and was able to fly with them several weeks back. That helped a lot as I would never purchase a model I had not flown.
@HeliSwede

may I ask, what other two models attracted your interest, as I am on the same decision path? But I live in Germany, so maybe I can't choose from that wide variety of brands. I consider the passed away Trixy princess too, as it seems a well built machine.

Kind regards,
Markus

Last edited:
@Abid
Is there any chance to get the AR-1C in Europe, especially in Germany?
I like the concept of a convertible and there are so few available...
Kind regards,
Markus

Happy New Year Markus
Unfortunately we are not certified in Germany and do not have a dealer from there. The criteria for certification would not be an issue except I think the strict noise measured from the ground that German rules mandate. That may require use of after-mufflers. But mainly no dealer there.