New magazine

digbar

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Challenger II, Sparrow Hawk, Bensen B8-M
Total Flight Time
about 535
Just got the new Sport Flying magazine, that includes us in their new section. Great-looking new side-by-side gyro from Magni, and a lot of other info for us.

Gyro made the cover, and they've pitched the story about us joining them on the cover, too. Good stuff.

Just got back from the mailbox. My copy was not there. :sad::sad:

Just got the new Sport Flying magazine, that includes us in their new section. Great-looking new side-by-side gyro from Magni, and a lot of other info for us.

Gyro made the cover, and they've pitched the story about us joining them on the cover, too. Good stuff.

Did you recieve yours though the P.R.A. or did you go buy it?

~~JAKE~~

saweeeeeet! http://www.ultraflight.com/ Look at all those gyro articles in there! :) I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of fixed wingers converting to rotors after reading the article "why rotorcraft" if it reads how I think it would!

I think its cool how gyros are so highly promoted in this magazine! "no I don't have a magazine" We are no longer outlaws but one big happy family who enjoy the friendly skies! Gyros are the safest aircraft there is just my imo! :first:

How do I get this magazine, like Jake is it now through the pra or a paid subscription.

How do I get this magazine, like Jake is it now through the pra or a paid subscription.

If you are a PRA member you will get the magazine.

They were mailed out a few days ago, but periodical rate mailing (bulk) is SLOOW.

If you are not a PRA member, join now and the current magazine will be sent to you directly from the PRA office.

Join here:

http://www.pra.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114&Itemid=54

The magazine editor is planning on making the magazine available on news stands but that is still in the works and there is no guarantee it will happen.

Good thing having the mag at PRA HQ and send it directly to the new members.
Overall this is a great move, thank you all that made it happen.
Heron (seen the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel)

In the mailbox

In the mailbox

It was in the mailbox.:usa2:

Very well done! I think it's great we get to promote gyro's to more than our own small little group. I think this will do more to expose others to gyros than anything we could have done on our own.

I got a peek at the mag at Saturday's chap.35 monthly meeting.Sat next to the PPC/
trike promoter who helped push this joint-mag.
I told him that I was sceptical.and I was afraid that we (the gyro community) would be
slowly scaled down,in the mag.
I was assured that we would always get ample representation. If this issue is any indication of the future,we're going to be a combined force to be heard from!
GOOD JOB ROY! Big Dawg

As the man said, the magazine was 16 pages bigger because of our presence. Lets make sure we keep that presence by submitting good articals to read. And don't forget the photos.

Larry- We have to keep the articles and pictures coming in, and 12 times a year, or we will scale our presense down. We totally control our magazine content. Each and everyone of could submit articles that promote rotorcraft. Time will tell who steps up to the plate and helps out. I see new entusiasm out there and am just trying to lasso some articles so we can spread this in our new magazine. Stan

As the man said, the magazine was 16 pages bigger because of our presence. Lets make sure we keep that presence by submitting good articals to read. And don't forget the photos.

Well said!

That is correct, we need to supply 16+ pages of content EVERY MONTH or we loose that space.

PHOTOS are a GREAT suggestion. Please send in your rotorcraft photos!

...the magazine was 16 pages bigger because of our presence. Lets make sure we keep that presence by submitting good articals to read. And don't forget the photos...

I'm chuckling to myself here because it just dawned on me - this may be the best move ever to get members to submit material. In the old Rotorcraft format, if you didn't send in material, the magazine was just skinnier, or we'd read more oldies, more from Dr. Bruce, etc.

Now, if we don't keep the magazine fed - we disappear! What a great incentive! ;)

I finally got my copy today. It looks great and I can't wait to read it tonight. It may now take more than one evening to read it. That's cool. I really think this was a great idea.

I just got my mag today. Looks great. Who do you send the photos to? Do you need a story with them? How old can the story be? What I mean by that is two or three years ago stories.

I'd like to see a regular column written by Vance describing his weekend flights with photos. He always makes you feel like you're along for the ride. We could probably come up with a catchy name for the column using his last name.