New KB-2 in the Air

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+
As of Today, February 23rd 2004. My Ken Brock KB-2 AKA "Da Screw Driver" has taken to the air for the first time and was piloted by Steve McGowan. Steve says she needs some trim (who don't), but flew great!

Ya hear dat Chris!!! She ain't no Trailer Queen!!! ;D

I'm gonna email GyroRon some pics to see if he can shrink them enough to post. I don't have a photo editor and Kodak Easy share pics are 300-500kb in size.

My Gyro Flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

John-

Re:New KB-2 in the Air

John,

Great news. I can't wait to see the pics. If you want e-mail me the pics and I'll get them shrunk and posted for you.

Congrats!

Thanks Steve,

I can't wait to try a McGriddle with a Dr. Pepper, followed by a loop.

John-

Hey Todd,

I just sent you all of the photos...Let me know if you got them.

John-

Great news John, Glad to here it really flies. After seeing it though I had no doubts.... How long before you think you might solo?

Now you need to learn to fly the thing slow poke. ;)

Can't wait to see it. I have a towel with horses and stuff on it for wiping the oil blow by off the tail.

Hey John are you going to come down for Bensen Days?

John's Pictures from Today

johns1.jpg

johns2.jpg

johns3.jpg

johns4.jpg

johns5.jpg

johns6.jpg

johns7.jpg

johns8.jpg

johns9.jpg

stevem1.jpg

stevem2.jpg

Brent,

Your right! The last I heard from Ron, The LW-4 is going through finish welding. I'm still paying for the motor and it will be some time before the LW is ready. I can't wait to fly the fabric off the tail.

John-

Paul,

I really don't know how it performs. Other than the "It needs trimming comment," that was really all I got out of Steve. I know I out weigh Steve by a few pounds, but I really won't be able to say until I fly it. I don't know if Steve frequents this forum, but if he is out there, maybe he could shed more light on the subject.

John-

Hey there "Phillip Head!"

I aint got a clue. I hope soon.

John-

Ron,

Why do I got to a slow poke??? I'm just busy man. When you gonna start selling some cars for me. I got a Radial to pay for!

John-

Thanks Todd,

The pics look great!!!! ;D

John-

The "Trailer Queen" flies! Take good care of her & she will always look like a queen.

What was the outcome of the prerotator?

Congrats on building an airworthy gyro, now I want to see you fly it! Good Luck & take it slow & safely.

I'm happy for you John.

I remember how exciting it was when I got to see mine go up the first time.

Are you pretty close now to being released to fly it yourself?

OUTSTANDING!! Congrats! I am going to have Steve fly mine next time I am there, and then I will be doing some taxiing.

Good job man! ;D

Ok All,

I spoke with Steve a little more today about "Da Screw-Driver."

According to Steve, It flies great and is a very fun machine. The 1835cc VW @ 65hp powered it very well and to Steve's surprise, had more power than he thought or needed. "It's a Quick little f*cker and hauls *ss!" was his exact words. He also says the rotor size is fine and is why it hauls *ss!!!

I will have to be very careful because it is so quick and it's left pedal dominant. The steering on the ground with my "Custom steering nose wheel" is perfect!

I never did ask him how soon I'd be able to solo, but I'm in no hurry to get killed. I'm sure when the time is right, Steve will let me know.

John-

John, What's up with the prerotator? I see the big flex in the cable you spoke of.

I need pics of your steering setup! Sounds great but need more info. Glad to hear the VW engine is an asskicker!!

Chris, Best I can remember from seeing it a couple of weeks ago, If you look at pic #3 you will see a Flintstone type brake. At the top of the brake are two pieces (Rods) that stick out past the wood of the brake. He puts his feet on the two rods and uses that to turn. So he has a castering nose wheel that also doubles as a steering wheel. Works real nice.

John if this is not totally correct, so sorry.