New Gyrocopter

Friendly

Platinum Member
Aircraft
KB2 & KB4
Total Flight Time
QUOTE=hillberg;417982]The bolt shanks and thredded areas don't look good & a lot of plane nuts. Nice but needs refinment in assembly.
Actually they don’t use aircraft quality nuts or bolts, all unmarked metric of unknown stencil strength, to short? It doesn’t matter , it has a look nut on.! For curiosity I brought a reduction box ($250) nice castings and very good machining, opened it and ,wow.. the gears are welded to the shafts, but it dint get hot under load despite holding only 200cc of lubrication. Seen them working on a twin seated gyro with a locally made BMW engine with a belted reduction and more sophisticated landing struts. Propellers are all hand made. Chinese resources are something to reckon with.

Thanks
Albert

Albert,
It does matter if the theads do not pass through the nut as in the lower picture of the wheel strut. It is great that gyros have become popular in China.
Maybe we can get some new plastic or compoiste tail feathers at a walmart price.
Nice nose wheel assembly also. Are those for sale? If so PM me.

[[/QUOTE]

Banned
Aircraft
Cessna150
Total Flight Time
Actually they don’t use aircraft quality nuts or bolts, all unmarked metric of unknown stencil strength, to short? It doesn’t matter , it has a look nut on.! For curiosity I brought a reduction box ($250) nice castings and very good machining, opened it and ,wow.. the gears are welded to the shafts, but it dint get hot under load despite holding only 200cc of lubrication. Seen them working on a twin seated gyro with a locally made BMW engine with a belted reduction and more sophisticated landing struts. Propellers are all hand made. Chinese resources are something to reckon with.

Thanks
Albert

Albert,
It does matter if the theads do not pass through the nut as in the lower picture of the wheel strut. It is great that gyros have become popular in China.
Maybe we can get some new plastic or compoiste tail feathers at a walmart price.
Nice nose wheel assembly also. Are those for sale? If so PM me.

[
[/QUOTE]

The disc/caliper comes from a scooter, and has a go-kart hub. They do sell these items amongst to Gyro guys but unless they have an export license pretty much impossible, besides, to export any aviation related items the manufacturer has to be approved by the Chinese government and that is not a panacea to get it. The again, in China everything legal is illegal and what illegal is legal, it all depends on the guanxi (red envelop). Flying a gyro in China is illegal, but with 50RMB in your wallet is legal. Most the gyros are built and to be found in the remote villages.

Thanks
Albert

hillberg

Put a load on double shear bolt like the landing gear pix and you are looking for a failure of that part, Bolts through the seat tube with no inner spacer and a hard landing it will pullout. Hardware has it proper applacation-cut threads will fail-Rolled threads better- Refine the small items or you will be hosed when the small oversights catch up to you.

BoneyM

Aircraft
Bell 206, Beach 99A, SkyMaster....
Total Flight Time
I wonder what their web site is, who is this company, when will they flood the market over here, if its like the Chang Jiang motorcycle, thats the BMW look a like, you can buy in China, for around 4500, you just put to gather when you get it.
In Canada, the MOT said no way to this motorcycle, too bad I bought one, I still have it, I was thinking of maybe using the engine for a gyro...
Back to the topic, I would like to see the web site for these mass produced gyro's just the same.

http://www.changjiang750.com/

PTKay

Gold Member
Aircraft
Socata Rallye
This "BMW look-alike" are Chinese licence Russian IMZ Ural motorcycles.
They were initially manufactured in Soviet Union during WWII
after reverse engineering 5 units of BMW R71.

The M-72 model was manufactured in the 50ties.
In 1957 the M-72 production lines were sold to China.

Banned
Aircraft
Cessna150
Total Flight Time
I wonder what their web site is, who is this company, when will they flood the market over here, if its like the Chang Jiang motorcycle, thats the BMW look a like, you can buy in China, for around 4500, you just put to gather when you get it.
In Canada, the MOT said no way to this motorcycle, too bad I bought one, I still have it, I was thinking of maybe using the engine for a gyro...
Back to the topic, I would like to see the web site for these mass produced gyro's just the same.

I would not recommend the engine from the Chang Jiang motorcycle for a gyro if you appreciate your life. You can fault the frame, whilst the Chang Jiang motorcycle is widely sold manly in Beijing; Jim the American has a neat business in the same city replacing the original factory engines with the genuine BMW engines. Once he has done what is required, it becomes a work of art, the guy knows his trade..!

http://www.bmwsidecar.com/

Thanks
Albert

Banned
Aircraft
Cessna150
Total Flight Time

Sorry Tim , I get it now, there is no such thing as a company mass producing those gyros, nor they have a web site, but if you can master Chines there is a QQ site in China and everyone has a page on it. This guys are all from the same village and decide to go into business making gyros, all not so legal, but how cares in China anyway as long they make some money.

Thanks
Albert