New guy returning to flying...

Hello folks,
I'm Jeff Gerritsen, live in Kent WA. Back in the late 80's I was flying fixed wing Cessna's, even got my Instrument rating. Well many here know the story all to well. Kids came along, added expenses, and so forth. Basically quit flying in the mid 90's.

For years I thought building my own aircraft was the best way to go, but 2,000 hour build times dissuaded me, plus the hanger costs, and so forth.

Then I found gyroplanes and became very interested in getting back into flying again. From what I can tell, it's much shorter build times, one flies lower and slower, and much lower overall hourly costs, for a much more enjoyable flying time.

I'd like to meet up with some folks who are in the local Seattle area, see what they have for aircraft, and chat about how to proceed in new adventure.

Thanks.

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
Welcome Jeff.
I'll agree with your assessment; gyroplanes ARE fun !
Can't help you in Washington, but if you can get to central Texas... I know a guy... ;)
Brian

Housedr

Hello folks,
I'm Jeff Gerritsen, live in Kent WA. Back in the late 80's I was flying fixed wing Cessna's, even got my Instrument rating. Well many here know the story all to well. Kids came along, added expenses, and so forth. Basically quit flying in the mid 90's.

For years I thought building my own aircraft was the best way to go, but 2,000 hour build times dissuaded me, plus the hanger costs, and so forth.

Then I found gyroplanes and became very interested in getting back into flying again. From what I can tell, it's much shorter build times, one flies lower and slower, and much lower overall hourly costs, for a much more enjoyable flying time.

I'd like to meet up with some folks who are in the local Seattle area, see what they have for aircraft, and chat about how to proceed in new adventure.

Thanks.
Get over to Sportcopter in Scapoose