longarm

Potential Builder/Pilot
Aircraft
Honeybee/Gyrobee project
Hello and Good Day to All,
My name is Carl and I go by longarm.
I'm new to the forum although I've been lurking and
reading for a while. :)
I'm also new to the sport, and am in the learning proccess.
I currently own a Honeybee/Gyrobee that is under slow
construction at approx 50%.
I welcome any and all advice or suggestions.
I look forward to a speaking to you and hope you won't
find my questions burdensome.
I promise I will do the research before I ask.
Thanks again,
Carl

Urbana,Ohio 43078
Grimes Field
http://www.airnav.com/airport/I74
http://www.b17project.com/

gyro

minigun man
Aircraft
Quicksilver Sport 2S, Quicksilver MX, Team Hi-max, Heath Parasol TG, AC gyro single & tandem
Total Flight Time
Hey Hey....fellow buckey! I live just outside of Waynesfield,OH (45MIN AWAY) and fly to grimes all the time for breakfast. Haven't been there since ol man winter set in but when spring/summer comes regular flights will resume as normal. I to am in the process of building a gyrocopter it is a hybreed gyro I call a HUMBLE BEE as it is designed with both the honey and bumble bee design. I'll try to hook up with you when it warms up and if you need some help let me know... I have built and rebuilt and redesigned several gyros.

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Welcome Carl!!

I was just at Waynesville (Red Stewart) Airfield today with fellow Ohio gyro pilots giving an EAA presentation on gyros.

Send me your email address and I will put you on the PRA Chapter 40 email list! [email protected]

RotoPlane

Gold Supporter
Hi Carl! Used to travel to Urbana often.....lived near Casstown (a few miles S.E. of Piqua). I now live way north in tundra country. Welcome to the forum!

PPG Doug

Sport Pilot Gyro Guy
Aircraft
100hp Subaru powered Dominator (SOLD)
Total Flight Time
Few hundred.
Welcome Buckeye flyer

Welcome Buckeye flyer

Welcome Carl.

I live near Xenia anf fly out of Greene County airport. There are three other Gyro flyers at Dahio airport near Trotwood (2 currently flying) and another guy who flies out of Jamestown (from his own strip).

A couple of us flew into the MERFI fly in last year and had a blast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xaUTd7Efa8

Welcome to sport. Dayton is slowly growing in Gyro #'s for sure.

Doug
[email protected]

Doug S.

PRA # 41505
Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex / Xenon RST
Total Flight Time
Cool, another gyro in the area.

Cool, another gyro in the area.

Welcome Carl
I am the other Doug.
There are going to be a couple of tripps to Urbana this year.
We all had a great time last year in Urbana. I am from the Trotwood area (DAHIO airport)
Doug S.

longarm

Potential Builder/Pilot
Aircraft
Honeybee/Gyrobee project
Thank you for the warm welcome!
It's good to know so many of you are
so close by.
I knew I wouldn't be the only rotorhead in the area!

choppergabor

Aircraft
N65GK Behemoth
Total Flight Time
Too few to mention
Welcome Carl to the forum. I tell you a secret, these guys are pictures junkies :) So when you get a chance snap a few and post them so we can all see the progression. :) Cheers

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Carl- Welcome. You couldnt find a better group of rotorheads. Its amazing what you can find out here by just asking. Good luck on your build....and post lots of pictures. Thanks

Stan

Ken_Shea

Kill two birds here with saying welcome to Carl and Hi to the rest as a new guy also on this forum.

Like many others, have flown to the Grimes airport to eat at the resturant many times, wonderful little airport, although that has been a number of years ago.

Actually not sure how this site was found but what attracted my attention was one of the members re-building a 1968 Helicom. In the early 70's I had built a Commuter Jr, cant really say I ever flew it before selling it but did manage a hover. Sold it to a Butch Dreve from Columbus, Ohio, who did fly it and on one flight the tail rotor pitch change froze with a subsequent emergency landing in a swamp, one skid cought, over it went and the rest is history. Thankfully he was not hurt but believe that was the end of all that work and all that money for both of us. I sold it to purchase a Brantly B2 N5911X serial #47, which I still have 38 years later, not presently flying which is another story. My joining was in hopes that all the buzz here may just prompt me to get serious along with needed motivation to get it flying again. I have a little over 900 hours in it with no other copter time but in Brantley. Also fixed wing rated and owned numerous fixed wing aircraft from a two seat Taylorcraft to a retractable Piper Arrow, but for me the helicopter was always my idea of fun flying. I bet gyros are no different.

Anyway... it is a neat site here and I wish all you guys and gals the best in your building/flying, whatever that may be.

Ken

To the guy rebuilding the Helicom, I'll send a PM with something you should be looking out for on the TR pitch change, although it may not apply as yours has some hours on it.

Last edited:

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Hello Carl!

Several Brantly owners in PRA Chapter 40 and Chapter 34.