New design of throttle-brake lever for my M16

coyotekyk

PLA is not a valid material for this purpose. It is weak and not UV resistant.
I printed them first in ASA. They worked fine. Not very stiff, but they won´t break. The 13mm holes are supposed to fit 686ZZ bearings and washer at each side. This way you can tighten the bolts as much as you want, the levers will still turn smooth.
I also did a second print using PETG-carbon inforced. This material is really stiff.
I have flown over 60 hour with this configuration with no problems at all.

DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPGDSC_0004.JPG

Greg Vos

Aircraft
R44/22 H269/300 MD 500 Magni (all); Xenon RST; DTA; ELA; MTO
Total Flight Time
2480 odd (1300 gyro hours & counting)
When I had a Magni M16 I fitted an electric solenoid with a toggle switch on the panel the solenoid is activated once the brake is pulled, the solenoid is fitted at the split T piece where the hydraulic pipes go to each wheel. So while holding the brake lever and activating the solenoid it retains the brake fluid pressure to the wheels.
simple elegant and easy to use and best of all neat

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
Greg, can you also use your solenoid lock as a 'parking brake' (directly: does it draw enough power to run down the battery?).
Pictures?
Brian

Greg Vos

Aircraft
R44/22 H269/300 MD 500 Magni (all); Xenon RST; DTA; ELA; MTO
Total Flight Time
2480 odd (1300 gyro hours & counting)
Greg, can you also use your solenoid lock as a 'parking brake' (directly: does it draw enough power to run down the battery?).
Pictures?
Brian
A solenoid by design will draw current, but used as a brake during mag checks and other handling requirements will be fine, ( it will get its power from the engine alternator) for long term hanger parking its not ideal and normally wired via the electrical circuit so master will need to be on.

i teach guys not to in any case keep the parking brake engaged during storage as it stretches cables and it’s just better to use Choks , IMO, remember the Magni is cable brake until the hydraulic cylinder, you don’t want that cable under tension for extended periods
No pics sorry sold the M16 some 5 years ago