New Build New Model

gyrodeputy

Total Flight Time
200 and growing
After much planing and some awesome work by Nicolas from AVIOMANIA, we are ready to make the announcement you have been waiting for:

Introducing the Gs1E. "E" for enclosed!!! This will be a quick build kit.

Based on the proven design of the Genesis gyroplane from AVIOMANIA I approached Nico several months ago and described my needs for a single place enclosed machine. He has been working on the concept ever since.

My new gyroplane kit is nearing completion in Greece. The frame is built and ready to have the ENCLOSED CABIN next week. It will be shipped to the US of A very soon for me to assemble.

We worked together extensively evaluting the FAA 51% build sheet/checklist to make sure my kit will make 51% and we don't anticipate any issues.

I will be using the Yamaha RX1 engine with a PSRU and engine mount from John Mills.

TO BE CLEAR THIS PICTURE IS THE PROTOTYPE. My gyro is a different unit.

Words can't express how excited that I am about this gyro. I also can't say how much enjoyment that I have taken working with Nico on this project. He is incredible to work with and his product will help me achieve my dreams!

More updates as soon as I am able. I will share the build with you when the kit arrives!!!

Attachments

• 25 enclosed.jpg
    25 enclosed.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 5
Here is the primed frame!

Here is the primed frame!

Frame picture:

Attachments

• Heath1.jpg
    Heath1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 4
Heath- That is going to be one awesome gyro; Nicolas makes a nice gyro and an enclosed one is even better.

Thanks for sharing with us your new adventure.
Stan

Awesome looking gyro.... and Nicolas is definitely a great guy to work with!

You are going to get a great gyro, that's for sure. Congratulations!!

Enclosed single place, great choice, I will sure enjoy watching your build.

Congrats

performance

performance

Has an enclosed Genesis flown yet?
Do you have actual (or projected) performance differences?
Can it also be flown w/o the canopy?

Brian

Greg Mills is a great asset to the gyro community. I'm looking forward to seeing your build. This amount of power in a single place gyro would be great fun to fly. With a good pre-rotor, it should jump off the ground.

Has an enclosed Genesis flown yet?
Do you have actual (or projected) performance differences?
Can it also be flown w/o the canopy?

Brian

Brian
The only thing I can answer with certainty is it will come with the enclosed canopy and an open summer canopy.

Cool Heath!

Is there any plan for an engine cowl? The abrupt cut-off of the shape at the back of the cabin will make for some ugly aerodynamics at the tail if it's not moderated somehow.

Heath- I am excited to watch this project. If you haven't already thought about it, some fairings on the landing gear and as Paul mentioned on the rear, would clean up the drag, and make it really look sexy.

Stan

Fairings

Fairings

Cool Heath!

Is there any plan for an engine cowl? The abrupt cut-off of the shape at the back of the cabin will make for some ugly aerodynamics at the tail if it's not moderated somehow.

Not yet but time will tell.

How's the optical clarity of the bubble? It's hard to keep the waves out of a large bubble, but somehow some folks are able to do it.

it would be worth while to clean up the engine aera, many of my gyros being loosely based on the ken wallis type machines but with large props looked a lot like your gyro and I did one with a 55 hp hirth and when I cleaned up the back my cruise speed went up by 12 mph and top speed almost 20 mph.

Norm

Not sure

Not sure

How's the optical clarity of the bubble? It's hard to keep the waves out of a large bubble, but somehow some folks are able to do it.

I have not seen it yet but based on the quality of work that Nico does, I expect it will be great.

It looks fabulous. Regarding the Yamaha engine. If it is the engine I think its in the 140 hp arena which seems like alot. I realize that's power generated at high rpm and speculate appropriate flight power can be had lower in the power curve. Is this something Nicolas has committed to as standard offering? If so will he be the supply source for converted engines and PRSU's. I would love to hear Nico's thoughts on this.

No engine not from aviomania

No engine not from aviomania

It looks fabulous. Regarding the Yamaha engine. If it is the engine I think its in the 140 hp arena which seems like alot. I realize that's power generated at high rpm and speculate appropriate flight power can be had lower in the power curve. Is this something Nicolas has committed to as standard offering? If so will he be the supply source for converted engines and PRSU's. I would love to hear Nico's thoughts on this.

Nicolas has been very helpful with my needs. He offers several engine options but the Yamaha is not one of them.

The engine is my concept. I can't afford a rotax 914. I live at 5620' and weigh over 200#. The combination of the altitude with my weight led me to go this route. I loose 15% off the top for altitude. That takes me to 119 hp. Having a little extra available I should not have to push the engine as hard to still have great performance.

I bought the snow mobile and am working with Greg Mills for the PSRU. I will be removing the engine from the snowmobile chassis in the next few weeks to prepare it for installation on the gyro kit when it arrives.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I just received a project update from Nicolas. The gyro kit has been disassembled and going to the painter this week. YIPPEE!!!

From there it will be reassembled for a final fit, disassembled once again, packaged, crated and shipped to the grand land of the USA!!!

Just a few more weeks and my kit will be on the ground.

No pictures yet but soon.

PROGRESS...EXCITING STUFF!