New build, Aviomania G1sB Genesis

No hurry on prerotator pics. Get squared away for your inspection first.
Rusty
Here are 2 pictures. Prerotator assembly appears to be fabricated from billeted aluminum and is bolted to the side of the Rotax PSRU.

Prerotator1.jpgPrerotator2.jpg

Last edited:
Rusty:. I had a bad accident Friday! Bought a 14 gal fuel Cady that has a small battery powered pump. Planned to pump in 2 gals of fuel but as soon as I turned the pump on a hose ruptured and sprayed fuel all over me, the Gyro, etc.

Totally freaked me out. Spent some time cleaning up a mess that could have turned out very bad.

Plan to run the engine and taxi around the neighborhood tomorrow, will get you some pictures.
Well, it happens when you put systems together for the first time. I think we call this paying your dues = I won't do that again.

We built a fuel caddy too with an air pump that pressurizes the fuel can.
I trust my design skills, but not my building skills to refuel the AG915...
So I tested it from one fuel can into another before we used it.
It workes well no leaks.

Would have been faster had I not had to wait 9 weeks for body repairs!

Gyro1.jpg

Gyro2.jpg

Nicolas is shipping replacement windshield, decals and some other items next week. Decals removed from cabin during repair and windshield was also damaged in shipment.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Its a very special moment that you are about experience Bobby, taking to the air in the machine you built, savour it.

Still vividly remember our Labour Day testing of the Hornet at Zephyrhills. A number of ground runs testing directional stability, rotor control, wheel balancing, then low hops, high hops to feel out landing and approach speeds then the first circuits. Happy memories.

How high is the seat, and the side of the body where you have to step over? I was looking at the pictures, and don't see a step. How hard is it to get in and out? Bonus points for a video :cool:

As my Onex gets closer to being in the air, I find myself thinking more and more about a gyro project.

Rusty

How high is the seat, and the side of the body where you have to step over? I was looking at the pictures, and don't see a step. How hard is it to get in and out? Bonus points for a video :cool:

As my Onex gets closer to being in the air, I find myself thinking more and more about a gyro project.

Rusty
I will take a video and post it, no issue getting in, push the nose down, step in with left foot, plant your butt and get the right foot in.