New build, Aviomania G1sB Genesis

I know the waiting feeling... It sucks doing nothing to move forward.

Where will you stow your blades when using the trailer?

Plan is to keep the rotors in the shipping crate. Will have to make a rack to hold them up over one of the wheels. I added a piano hinge to the crate and several latches to hold the top down. Denis packs the blades in shaped foam pads so they will travel well.

I know the waiting feeling... It sucks doing nothing to move forward.
I've been putzing around making minor changes to things I had already completed. Nearly 9 weeks waiting for minor repair and then repainting. I'm going to wait until about noon to see if I can pick the parts up today

Lots completed today, cabin and seat installed, battery box and EarthX battery in, antenna and ground plane mounted, pitot tube in, harness mounted. Have a small parts shipment ariving Monday so hope to run the engine later in the week.

View attachment 1153713
A thing of beauty!!!!!!!!!!!

When you get a chance, can you measure the height? The pics show no rotor head, which I assume is to keep the height down. It would be interesting to know the height without the rotor head, then an estimate of how much that will add to the height. A folding mast option would be nice.
Thanks,
Rusty

I know of at least two G1's where the owners just take out all but the bottom back bolt of its cheek plates and let cheek plates swing the rotor head back lower than the mast. IIRC it shortens it by almost one foot if not more.
One puts in a trailer this way and the other in his garage.
Not sure if the garaged G1 has to be tilted up on two wheels to get in the garage.
But I explained he could if needed as they are light enough for me to tilt it on the nose and one main wheel.

83" just the mast, 99" with rotor head. Folding mast was not an option.
Bobby, can you measure the mast height as if the rotor head was (off) = tilted down below the mast.
Or just measure how much of the rotor head is above the mast and subtract it.
That is the actual trailer height limit as if the Cheek plates and rotor head were not attached at all.

I'll do it tomorrow. Looks like prerotator shaft will have to be taken off the rotor head in order for the head to be rotated but will confirm.

I'll do it tomorrow. Looks like prerotator shaft will have to be taken off the rotor head in order for the head to be rotated but will confirm.
We thought that too. But unless Nicolas has changed the attached points it just bends as if designed to do it.

PS:
The trailer is not something I was told = hearsay.
I assisted a customer to build one at the end they brought the trailer to haul it back to South Dakoda from San Deigo Ca. it would not fit by the height of the rotor head.
I saw an easy solution and tried it first with the pre-rotator shaft attached, and it worked.
They towed it that way all over the country.

Bobby, can you measure the mast height as if the rotor head was (off) = tilted down below the mast.
Or just measure how much of the rotor head is above the mast and subtract it.
That is the actual trailer height limit as if the Cheek plates and rotor head were not attached at all.
John:

Tilted the rotor head down and mast height 83" overhead clearance 89" - control rod clearance. If you take the control rods off you get to 83" either way. I would not have thought that the prerotator shaft would bend like that. If I was going to trailer this way I would want to take some of the tension off the shaft by supporting the rotorhead someway.

rotorhead tilted.jpg