New build, Aviomania G1sB Genesis

Oh, well I already knew about the damage. What kind of shop did you take them to?

I've finished engine wiring and wating on composite parts to come back so I can finish up the forward portion of the wiring (battery, fuel level sensor, fuel pump, etc.). I used some braided sleeving of 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 inch diameter to contain the wire bundles.

a few photo's attached.

1 wiring 31 Oct.jpg
2 wiring 31 Oct.jpg
3 wiring 31 Oct.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Bobby, coming on nicely.

I was able to route the rotor brake, prerotator and throttle cables. Used some pipe clamps to stabilize the cables but holding off on installing the choke cable until repaired seat is back. Want to route the cable cleanly under the seat but the choke cable is the most unruly!

Also moved the rudder cable pulleys but Nicolas noticed a potential prop clearance issue. An extra set of pulleys will be required to pull cables back down

And took the rotor head off so I could look at rotor installation. I used the hub bar without blades to play with installation. Very please with the fit of the bar and the way the teeter bearings fit. Adjustments, if needed, should be fairly easy. Can't find the extra shims included with the kit though.

Prerotator cable.jpgThrottle cable.jpg
Prerotator cable, back under engine mount Throttle cable up behind seat mount

Last edited:
Looks good!

I hadn't tried loading my Genesis on the trailer yet so welded my ramp supports and did a test load using the wireless winch control on the winch. My ramps are about 1 - 2 feet to short as the angle from the trailer to the ground is to steep. Keel touches the trailer just before the tail clears the ramp. Going to add new longer ramps and that should solve the problem.

Trailer1.jpg

I hadn't tried loading my Genesis on the trailer yet so welded my ramp supports and did a test load using the wireless winch control on the winch. My ramps are about 1 - 2 feet to short as the angle from the trailer to the ground is to steep. Keel touches the trailer just before the tail clears the ramp. Going to add new longer ramps and that should solve the problem.

View attachment 1153587
Roller on trailer edge?
Boat trailer V-roller?

No, just straight ramps up. Keel was touching on the center ramp so going to extend a few feet to reduce the angle.
Smile...I meant you could install a roller.

View attachment 1153587
Bobby what we do to clear the the keel and keep short ramps is that we increase the angle of the trailer lifting the front with the adjustable front trailer leg. so that the trailes is almost parallel with the ramps. This also helps with unloading the gyro as the slope has the gyroplane roll by itself when unwinding the winch.

It is a nice trailer!!!

Thanks, good point, I'm going to make 2 small legs to keep the trailer from tipping and will use the tongue jack to lower the back end of the trailer. Will try again and see if I have it right.

Thanks, good point, I'm going to make 2 small legs to keep the trailer from tipping and will use the tongue jack to lower the back end of the trailer. Will try again and see if I have it right.
I was a loadmaster on the C-5. Ramp issues came up frequently. I'd like to suggest that you keep a small shoring kit with you. The ground you will park on may not always be the same as your test area, so having the kit will save you a lot of hassle. To clear the top of the ramp, stop the winch and place a small length of wood under each of the mains. As you resume winching, the tires will ride up and the keel should clear. If you need more shoring, place it on so that you create steps for the mains. You can leave the shoring under the mains during transit. You can also place shoring under the ramps before loading to reduce the angle without having to tilt the trailer. Same result, but doing it from the other end.

Jacking the tongue gives a clean line up the ramps. Nose wheel clears trailer edge and tail then rides nicely up the midddle ramp.
I added two feet to the rear of the trailer so that it is stabilized when the Genesis first rolls onto it.

Very easy one person job with the wireless winch controller.

trailer.jpg

Last edited:
Way to make it happen!!!
Sweet!

Visited the body shop yesterday and the seat and cabin are repaired and primed. Should be painted today. I'm heading up to Blum, TX later this week to visit with another Genesis owner who is working with Craig McPherson on transition training.

Great choice. Craig Rocks!!!!
Yaw Whooooooooooooo, soon the flying fun begins!!