New build, Aviomania G1sB Genesis

Let's make it three. :)

Maybe four when Brian finishes his build.
Four, flying a gaggle of 4, or more is on my bucket list.

YES PLEASE!!

Nicolas ordered my Razor Blades so I drove up to Gyro Technic to meet Denis, tour the factory, and pick them up. What an amazing operation. Will post some pics and additional info on my trip later.

Great news Bobby!

My kit arrived in Houston last night so hoping to be able to pick it up by mid week. In the meantime lots of hardware and incidental parts from AC Spruce are starting to trickle in. Added 2 6' piano hinges to my rotor crate.

Attachments

• bolts.jpg
    bolts.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Congratulations my friend, Yipee!!!

I was confused, my kit is wracking up frequent flyer miles. Moved from Miami to Cincinnati!

Last edited:
Bobby, its moving towards you. That alone puts you in a superior postion in this attempt to get airborne in a creation of ours.

I have accepted that my input will be far less than intended. Delighted that I have such a magnificent choice of teammate who has stepped up to the plate.

Not my intention but gratefully accepted. I wish you the best on your journey. It is the most gratifying experience to fly something you have had a part in creating. Somehow a culmination in our own personal reach for the sky, that some of us were either born with, or got infected with and never shook off.

Last edited:
I spent yesterday trying to locate my kit. DHL was less than helpful. Got several stories, none of which were correct as it appears that my shipment spent 5 days wandering around CVG. This morning the DHL tracking website shows that it left CVG for IAH but I could not find the flight number. Hoping that the next status update shows "Arrived"!

Sorry to hear that Bobby, sometimes it doesn't go so well.

DHL is terrible…… I’ve never had anything ship smoothly through them 😖🤪

DHL proved to have problems keeping their 10 days transit period after COVID 19... and mostly for USA services. In Europe DHL service is excellent and fast.

I can see that parts availability in USA is also very slow (aircraft spruce has no stock on standard AN hardware and need 30-50 days to restock). So... i do not know why there is this problem in the USA... but for sure is something i have complained about to DHL.

Latest Update was that "delays from Cincinnati was due to weather. Shipment will arrive 17 Sep 2021 10:00. customs clearance next.

ArrivedCVGIAH2458 kgDFWSigned by:Date:09/17/2021 10:00

I've always had a good experience with DHL. Magni (Italy) and Kanardia (Slovenia) use them to send parts; they're fairly costly though.
However, I have never received anything from DHL that's very large, aside from one piece of furniture (that was slowed by CITES certification).

Separately, I have noticed a lot of things going out of stock, even in WalMart! I can only guess it's due to the current labor shortages.
I know they are having a terrible time in the UK getting lorry drivers these days, and it's really impacting what's available to buy.

Finally, looks like the major hangup was with the DHL contractor (Forward Air)

Attachments

• 2021-09-17_10-50-23.jpg
    2021-09-17_10-50-23.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 12
You’re going to drive yourself to drinking.

I imagine the tracking page is always on and you click refresh everytime you walk by.

You need another project. Clean out your build area, go tool shopping or maybe get caught up on your honeydo list so you can focus on the build once it finally arrives.

Picked up my shipment today, large container was trashed totally. 4 HD DHL ratchet straps keeping it roughly together. Top caved in, holes in sides and bottom. Internal to the crate some damage to the right side of the cabin. Will finish evaluation tomorrow. Inventory next.