New build, Aviomania G1sB Genesis

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon, OutBack Tango, Ryan PT 22, JetGyro, Jet Provost, Champ, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
Nicolas provided, 4" travel actuator not standard but I wanted to be able to trim in flight.

Bobby
Usually…. Single place machines don’t need adjustable trim unless you’re burning fuel from a tank ahead or behind the CG.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
Do you mean the mounting ears?
Yeah. Any time I see plastic tabs for mounting things (especially things that will vibrate) I think, "How long before that starts to crack?"

As far as trim goes, it's definitely a nice thing to have, especially when you are just cruising to somewhere.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
The standard Rotax bottle is indeed plastic, but it's not held in place with "ears". Anyway, I'm not saying that mounting method is wrong, just that it's something to be keeping an eye on.
I guess the lanyard on the cap will stop you misplacing the cap, but how often will you really be taking that cap off?

I'm curious what you are using for the connecting hose; can't see it in the pic. I recently replaced mine with a clear, high-temp silicone hose, so I can see that there's always fluid in the hose itself.

13brv3

Gold Member
Pretty sure the lanyard is to make sure if the cap comes loose it doesn't go through the prop. I thought that was an excellent idea. I have to get myself back into the pusher engine mentality again, where anything that can come loose will eventually go through the prop.
Rusty