New 2 place enclosed Gryo unveiled in France

C. Beaty

Gold Supporter
I was on that committee Dean, Greg having appointed me without my foreknowledge or consent.

I felt then, as I do now, that it was a colossal waste of time; the FAA has an institutional memory that would make it unthinkable to grant a form of certification to what amounted to byguess and bygosh aircraft designs. Even the FAA type certificated post WWII gyroplane designs were a pretty sorry lot.

The World is full of competent FW aircraft designers; the number of competent gyroplane designers is nearly zero.

McCulloch Motors went belly up as a result of the J2 and most of the principals in Air & Space were convicted of stock fraud.

McCulloch Motors exists today only as a brand name owned by Husqvarna.

I participated very little in committee proceedings and that ended with a computer crash that lost my ASTM password. It seemed pointless to track it down.

Dean_Dolph

Aircraft
None but enough kits in the garage to keep me busy the rest of my life!
Total Flight Time
Zilch!
I was on that committee Dean, Greg having appointed me without my foreknowledge or consent.......
I wasn't aware that Greg had just drafted you. But I wondered why I wasn't seeing you involved. I had a ring side seat and there I set! So Greg drafted a couple of us that were just about as far apart in knowledge as one could find. I think you (and Dick DeGraw) could have made a difference and I know that Greg was disappointed to not get your input.

I think Greg asked me because of the training aspect that he was looking for down the road. And since he knew I had put training systems together, and was lobbying for a standardized gyro training system, I guess he wanted to get something started early.

In any case, without that effort, gyros would have had no chance of being accepted in LSA and this thread would not have taken place since the Europeans would have been stopped at the border. Maybe. Any one taken a look at our porous border lately?!!

WHY

Gold Member
Aircraft
Ercoupe and Cessna 150, 152, 172, 140, Aeronca,7ac, Citabria,Chief,Piper PA11,PA12
Total Flight Time
Hi Dean

Are you reffering to our "hologram" borders :)

Tony