Need your help appraising this Aircommand for estate.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
I'm at a loss to write ad copy for my Dad's gyro. I only know what is in the manuals/sales brochures, and his stories, which are not tied to any reliable timeline.

All I can say for sure is that I think he purchased it from the builder in KY back in the mid-to-late 80's and had his last flight (although he crashed before it could take off) sometime in 1993. It has a 532 60HP Rotax. He does have a flight log, which I can photocopy, but that seems to be for a machine with a 40hp motor, and the log stops in 1988-9. I have old polaroids of his(?) gyro, which I can also photocopy, but they are confusing: I'm not sure if I'm looking at one machine in several configurations or several different machines, and Dad can't tell me what is what. There's a 4-blade prop and a 3-blade prop, a red seat and a black seat, black prop blades and what look to be wood prop blades, and I am not sure where some of the pictures were taken, so they may not be of his gyro at all.

He says when he crashed it, the rotors hit the pavement, smashed, snapped the mast, and broke up the 4 blades of the prop. We have a fragment of one of the rotors.

As you will see in the photos, the mast is intact, it has a 3-blade mount on the engine, the frame is now yellow, and the seat is black.

I have contacted the only Rotax facility I could find in MA, they're in Plymouth, and I'm awaiting a callback from their Rotax-certified mechanic as I type this.

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

Last edited:
What would you pay for this?