Need Rotax Gearbox ...

rsbiser

Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
Anyone have a Rotax “C” or “E” Box they’d like to get rid of?

Have a c box, what ratio are you looking for, or does it matter?

Hey Turbodog,
I’m really trying to figure that out and having trouble finding much info on it.
I have a 68 (ish) inch older 3 bladed Kiev Prop that I want to turn with a 582/C-Box.
The prop might be too big for the motor, but I think it will work. Any thoughts on that?
But in order to get decent prop speed, I think I need the 3.0 ratio. I am looking at another one of those now.
What can you tell me about yours? Ratio? What shape is it in? What are you asking for it?

Thanks,
Scott

I ran a 68" IVO three blade on a 532 with a 2.62 gear ratio.

I have a couple of c boxs and I am fairly sure one of them is a 3.0, tommorrow I will find out the ratio and get back to you. The 582 will work with a 3.0 ratio on the 68" prop. What kind of airframe are you intending to fly, single or two place?

Scott, I have one c box left, 53 hours on it ,but it is a 4:1 gearset would take $1000 usd plus shipping and insurance. Also new B box 2.58 ratio also $1000 + shipping and insurance. Used airtech clutch good shape$400 + shipping & insurance, thanks.

Hey Turbodog,
So sorry for the delayed response. Newly retired and the virus thing have got me totally off my rhythms.
Thanks for your offers. As it turns out, I did find a good used 3.0 C Box.
Fir now I’m in good shape
Thanks again,
Scott