Need help with rotor tach

Brent Drake

Gyroplane Instructor
Aircraft
Pipers/Cessna's/gyro's
Total Flight Time
3,000+
Guys, My current rotor ring gear has about 133 teeth on it. I counted it twice. first time was 134. Second time was 132. My new ring gear has 108 teek on it. I'm sure my tach will be off. Its a Dominator rotor tach I'm told. What kind of setting do I change for this mod. I'm not sure how to change the dip switches.
Thanks for you help
Brent

bbushong

Aircraft
Fly Boeing CH-47F
Total Flight Time
Brent, is that the digital "counter" that came with the Twinstarr (digital, about 3/4" high numbers)? If it is, I have the same one, and have the instructions, too. I can scan and email them to you later this evening.

Rick Whittridge

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bensen B8-M / Twinstarr
Brent, Do a search on here for red lion & you will see all the info I got when I was having trouble. There is a DT-7 & DT-8 gauge & have different amount of switches.Al Hammer helped out with the correct switch settings. Red Lion has a tech # also that they will tell you the right combo of switch settings.

bones

Gold Member
Aircraft
a/c
Total Flight Time
cant remember, didnt have log books before, but since over 3000
Guys, My current rotor ring gear has about 133 teeth on it. I counted it twice. first time was 134. Second time was 132.
Brent
Ummm im seeing a bit of your problem rigt there in the opening line, you counted it twice and went in the middle of the 2 figures,:noidea: :flame: have fun working the other numbers out then :first: :angel: