need detail on double mast LW

mcbirdman

Gold Member
Aircraft
lw3 sp long, lw3 2place long yami
Total Flight Time
I am working again on long two place LW. I bought a slider head from ernie and attatched it to cheek plates today. ii cannot find my drawings that show detail on mast brackets that hold cables,springs etc -save for a few photos Ron sent me.

Does anyone have print details handy they could send me regarding push pull cables at top of mast and hopefully how the bottom of the threaded round tubing inside the mast attatches to the outside square mast also at base of the mast.

Because I had old plans and 2 place was still in works i had a small packet of adendum type drawings that seem to have flown off somewhere. I think I remember but need to verify so I can keep moving forward. Thanks for your consideration. My email is same as here.: [email protected]

pallen_001

Aircraft
Fly Bell 412/AW 139 / MD902 , Own Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
5000 +
Plans

Plans

James,
I still have my plans from when I was building a long two place. Got the plans in 2007 I think. I am pretty sure I still have everything but I am out of the country so I am afraid I can't be much help right now. If you still need them about the middle of Oct, contact me again and I can send you what I have.

Peter Allen
[email protected]

mercert

Aircraft
Little Wing single place
James,

I have just now sent you the supplement Ron had sent me for the 2 place cable set-up. Check your email!

Tim

mcbirdman

Gold Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Thanks Peter Iwas hoping to work on it a bit this month. Apprecite you offering to do what you could.

Thanks Tim, I will go check email. I got cheekplates made and attatched to slider head brackets, and going through the parts we made but stored. My friend Rich had the details we were using from his plans but mine were much older and needed suplimentary info. I thought I had a copy of this detail but maybe not. Thanks Tim this will help me start moving again.

Sure had looked forward to meeting you at Mentone, was anxiously watching every day for you to show up. Maybe next year. thanks again Tim. Jtm

mercert

Aircraft
Little Wing single place
James,

I was bummed i could not make Mentone! I was looking forward to meeting you also and getting back into the gyro community! I hurt my shoulder weeks before the meet and could not get all the things done that i needed to attend. I hope to be able to get in the air this fall/winter hopefully!

Take Care,

Tim

mcbirdman

Gold Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
The second storm was sat night just before banquet. The wind and rain was so bad we pulled our tent under the big tent so we could just empty it. We got most of the things out and didnt want to be in the way so we took tent back out. The rain came back along with the wind. I told kids that storms come up fast and that it was unwise to face the door towards the wind even though it was to face the runway.

I saw the tent poof up as the storm hit a second time. It looked like it was going to pop as it was bulgingand starting to lift with the two kids in it laughing. I yelled to get their attention as i held the bottom as it dragged me a few feet and the kids were getting lifted. The short of it was they got to fly in the heli and in the UPP (unpowered parachute).

I really enjoyed everyday and i couldnt believe how fast each day blew by. I think my gyro was the only one out there in the open. Ya, carpet got a bit wet but it was really convenient to throw our wet sleeping bags in the gyro. Since camp was destroyed we couldnt pack neatly\eficiently so im glad we had enclosed "storage".

Only a hurt shoulder is an excusable absence. Jtm

Supermotive

Plans

Plans

James,
I still have my plans from when I was building a long two place. Got the plans in 2007 I think. I am pretty sure I still have everything but I am out of the country so I am afraid I can't be much help right now. If you still need them about the middle of Oct, contact me again and I can send you what I have.

Peter Allen
[email protected]
Email sent