Need Advice or opinions

I have read that the N95 & other masks are able to filter down to 0.3 microns, but the virus is supposed to be smaller.

(Corrected to proper size of 0.3)

No N95 or its Chinese counterpart KN95 both filter 0.3 microns or larger particles and that includes Corona virus. Surgical masks and others don't. They may help an infected person's sneeze from spreading as much but no protection against getting a virus. We have ordered a few hundred KN95 masks to donate to area do doctor's offices who were forced to give up their N95 masks to hospitals here

I read an NIH article that covid is 70-90 nm which is .07 - .09 microns. Wikipaedia report corona virus size at around 120 nm (.12 micron).
smiles,
Charles

Last edited:
I read an NIH article that covid is 70-90 nm which is .07 - .09 microns. Wikipaedia report corona virus size at around 120 nm (.12 micron).
smiles,
Charles

Virus is carried in small droplets from a sick person. There droplets can be as small as 1 micron and can travel up to 26 to 30 feet in a cloud in a room or space. That is what the N95 mask stops getting into to respiratory system

Virus is carried in small droplets from a sick person. There droplets can be as small as 1 micron and can travel up to 26 to 30 feet in a cloud in a room or space. That is what the N95 mask stops getting into to respiratory system
Don't mean to be alarmist (well, maybe I do) ...when the droplet is caught on the surface of the mask I wonder if the smaller virus can remain until the droplet dries then be sucked through the mask?

Don't mean to be alarmist (well, maybe I do) ...when the droplet is caught on the surface of the mask I wonder if the smaller virus can remain until the droplet dries then be sucked through the mask?

I don't know. Hope it dies there in a few hours. That's a question above my pay grade. May be some doctors would know