[No message]

Last edited:

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Please help me understand how Gyropedia helped you Jason.

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
Jason it appears that you have not taken Vance's comment at face value. I believe he is interested in teaching and learning what things a student finds of value. I don't think it was a challenge I think it was a request for information.

So perhaps it was a logical flow of information, perhaps it was a systematic approach to presenting the information, maybe it was illustrations that you felt had meaning.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Thank you Joe, you are correct.

JasonS;n1131452 said:
Have you registered and checked it out ?

I ask this as an answer to your question since you are a CFI.
I would be happy to engage in a more detailed discussion once u have perused the way I.A.P.A.T. approaches training to fly a gyro.
Assuming you may not have yet done so.

What syllabus do you provide or recommend?
Your website is very informative and has good structure.
I could not find a syllabus other than basic explanations and some multimedia presentations.
Do u plan to provide further enhancements to your site for online record keeping for students progress as reviewed by the instructor?
Yes Jason I have registered and checked it out at length.

That is why I asked; what did you find helpful?

I try to lean what helps people learn so I ask questions.

My syllabus is very flexible and depends on the experience and goals of each client.

Different clients run into different roadblocks and I tailor both the ground and air work of each lesson to their particular challenges.
Examples of how that works are under Fun where with the client’s permission I describe how the lesson went.

I find a very large spread of skill and learning ability and there are some challenges specific to the type of aircraft they have flown.

Example: fixed wing pilots tend to rotate at some specific airspeed on takeoff. Helicopter pilots forget they need to look down the runway and tend to look out the side.

Even primary students vary wildly based on their experience. Someone with motor cycle experience tends to pick up the concept of rolling into and out of a bank better than someone with no motorcycle experience.

People with boating experience tend to understand the effect of wind on ground reference maneuvers better than someone with no water experience.