MZ202 For Sale

ke5wv

Aircraft
GyroBee
Total Flight Time
I have a “ZERO TIMED” MZ202 engine & gearbox package for sale at $3500. I’m the original owner and have the complete engine history.
This MZ202 (S/N 407504) was installed new in 2007 on my GyroBee N263T and logged a total of 130 operating hours. It proved to be underpowered at my field elevation of 7000’ KFLY so I replaced it with a Rotax 582. It comes as a complete package ready to install and includes 2 Bing 54 carburetors factory jetted for sea level, new air filters and a Mikuni fuel pump, 2.55 gearbox with clutch, dual ignition system, wiring harness, exhaust system and operating manual. Not run since overhaul.
For more info and photos email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Thomas
Colorado Springs

Attachments

• IMG_9829.JPG
    IMG_9829.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9831.JPG
    IMG_9831.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9845.JPG
    IMG_9845.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 15
Hi Tom,
Missed you at the last meeting. I sent a link to this thread to a good friend of mine (ex hangermate) who is a Trike CFI here in Denver. This would make someone a great trike
motor and he may just have a few contacts. No promises but thought spreading the word in their venue might help your sale; plus, it's close to home....Good luck, price looks good.

How is the 582 working out for you ?

What is the HP difference ?

Did the MZ need an OH ?

Are you using the same prop ? Pitch ? Thanks

Chris,
The 582 is doing well at 110 hours.

The performance difference is significant.....I can now fly with confidence on a high DA day, so I would guess the MZ202 is closer to a 503.

Yes the MZ202 had a complete "zero time" overhaul in preperation for sale. I will email the entire history to anyone interested.

At the engine swap I went from a 60" to a 64" prop....pitch about the same.

Tom, what size jets did you use on the bing carbs on the Mz?

At this altitude I used 190's and a HACMan to keep EGT's in the 1080F - 1100F range. Factory sea level jets are 195's

can that engine be started by hand without a battery ? How did the inside of the engine look when it was torn down?

Norm

When you do searches Kingsley, keep an eye on When the post was made, you might get results that are pretty old. In this case the guy selling the engine offered it up 6 years ago in 2013. It is unlikely to still be for sale.