MZ 202P

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
I did some flying with the MZ at Maxies' and it should replace the 503 as the UL option on a gyro. My gyro is 400 empty me 240? and 36 for gas = 676 pounds and it was flying fine. now if this was a 250 pound gyro it would be a lot of fun. I still think I can get more out of the prop, a 73" 3 blade powerfin F type. My max rpm was only 5100 I should push it up to 5500 and see what we get. I don't want to say replace that 503 now but after I get about 50 more hours on it you might want to do just that.
Brent

blackbird

Aircraft
1983 Tierra T-bird, Kolb Kolbra.
Total Flight Time
250 hours
Re:MZ 202P

Brent,
We were all very impressed with the engine. Especially the cost $ 4,400.00 with redrive and electric start...air cooled no weight....wow....we will be all watching ....very eagerly I might add.....wasn't the horsepower 70......

Bye the way, nice flying and a nice clean machine.

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member

I adjusted the prop and pulled off my wires to the EGT and CHT to put longer ones on. made new 6061t6 end caps to replace the plastic ones I lost. I will fly it again and report the rpm gains.

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member

I have been flying agian and jetting the motor and it is getting better climb now but I will change the prop setting again to get more RPM on climb that is about all I am doing take off and land round and round to test it out. I guess my luck with end caps is bad one of the new ones I made is about to come off. It is bolted to the spar so it can't but the plate is bending some. JB weld is next. over 60 degrees today I had a blast.