My wife says I am losing it

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I just had a good laugh, and my wife is at least relieved I haven't totally lost my mind. I was sitting in my swivel chair going through "stuck pedal" maneuvers. Drilling these into my head thru repetition. I had my feet positioned with a little left pedal like I would have in cruise. My left hand had an imaginary collective and my right hand was positioned such that caught Barbaras attention. I was so zoned in I didn't know she was watching. Anyway, I would pretend I was cruising and finding out my pedals were stuck. I would lower the collective a little and swivel my chair to the left just like it would happen. Raise the collective back to where it was and my chair would swivel back to straight. I would then steer my chair to the right by pulling collective. My collective going down was accompanied by a left chair swivel, followed by up collective and the chair swiveling right, then I would be flying along with this new way of keeping the nose straight by changing torque via collective inputs. There are stuck left pedal drills, stuck right pedal drills, stuck anywhere drills, climbing and descending with the above, or just having no stuck pedals but pretending the teleflex cable or control linkage failed. Anyway, it must have caused concern as Barbara said" what is wrong with you?l. I stopped my practice as her comment caused me to crash, then I just laughed and told her what I was doing. She looked relieved but still laughingly said I wasn't all there. I definitely can't deny that! I will practice these in private. Ha. Stan

Barb is RIGHT, but we all knew that.... HA!

Hey John - maybe it is incurable. He sat for 2 weeks making vroom vroom sounds sitting in his unfinished helicopter , then he put some blades on his power drill , then he fired up a plastic helicopter in a snowbank , and now he is flying his recliner. Sounds serious.

Mostly I feel he is invading my territory. For the last couple of years I thought I was the King of armchair flying. I think I better go buy a helicopter . Getting too crowded here.

Whatever happened to putting on some gayish yellow colored goggles and do the same thing wearing only your underwear????? LMAO:eek:

While you fly your chairs. As I doze in the evening I take off in either my gyro or plane. This is better than counting sheep. I go right to sleep and fly all night long in my sleep. Seems to help my flying a little. The passion of flight. Guess we are a little off.

Stan. could it be that your wife just gave you a compliment? She thought you had it! Just kidding.

It is incurable!!!! Just look at his friends he hangs out with... Very bad crowd indeed only the crazies and Vance and he is in a class all his own...

Flying arm chairs???????????????

Serious Bidness!

Serious Bidness!

Hey John - maybe it is incurable. He sat for 2 weeks making vroom vroom sounds sitting in his unfinished helicopter , then he put some blades on his power drill , then he fired up a plastic helicopter in a snowbank , and now he is flying his recliner. Sounds serious.

Now folks, this IS serious! :sad:

He even used a vaccuum cleaner to simulate the sound of the turbine start up!

Maybe its the fumes from all that kerosine he been hording. When it gets to $7.00 he done be gonna be flying dat chair alot, and makin the noises to go with it, and his women be glad he done not blowin all their kids inhairadence...[I nevr coud spel goot]...

She didn't by chance take a video did she???

Hey good buddy, just like Obama's big ears, A cartoonist looks for something to exagerate. I just doing my job, Your loss, I ain't sending no more K 1 to you...

Stan,

I'd like to get you some balloons for your armchair. Do you prefer helium or hydrogen?

HI Stan,

That's a funny image and a good snicker for all of us who all have done the same thing one time or another.

In a serious note, Sean Tucker, the USAF Thunderbirds, and many other aerial performers (as well as many sports figures) do exactly what you were doing before every performance or game. This action is called Mental Imagery. Besides, it's fun and feeds the Walter Mitty in all of us.

Wayne

Serious as a hart attack.

I know WE love to tease you with disparaging humor buddy, but we recognize that is the way to train mussel memory so it all automatic, way to train!

Now I need to call Barb and get her to video it for us so we can really embarrass you proving you are just NUTS? HA...

This has you written all over it Stan. I copied it word for word from a small town classified ad.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Classified ad Posted: Apr. 18/11

reclyning chair

its a moroon reclyning chair. its in decent condition. very compfortable

Stan I see an opportunity to really confuse your wife.

I seem to recall that you were simulating turbine sounds while vacuuming. If you were to volunteer to vacuum the floor and call out stuck pedal and push the handle down while turning left and stuck pedal pull up to turn right.

This should really do it. What do you think?