My very own Guardian Angles!

robo_nipsy

Aircraft
Gyro Technic
I was just standing outside the door of my office an hour ago and the Blue Angles were flying in formation directly overhead @ ~200ft. !!!
Fully Cool!

Practicing for the air show this weekend.
My shop is only 2 miles from KMKT.

Our PRA Chapter 17 is going as a group to check it out on Saturday, and I will be headed over with the family on Sunday.

No gyros, but whatever....ALL flying machines are cool!

Denis

I take my grandson to it every year here in Houston. He's seen the Blue Angels, the Thunderbirds, and the Snow Birds. His favorite is the Blue Angels, there's no way he'll miss it this year.

I'll never forget

I'll never forget

when me and some other guys snuck out of work the day the Blue Angels came to Springfield for an air show. I had a hangar that faced the runway and we were able to sneak into the airport right before they locked it down for the Angels to practice. We got a front row seat for the whole thing it was totally awesome.... During one of the maneuvers, one of the planes was coming out of a dive right in front of us and you could see the compression waves coming off the nose of the plane just as he made some small sonic booms... It was one of the coolest things iv'e ever seen.....

One of the air traffic controllers that we knew told us a few days later that the pilot got in trouble for "almost" going Mach...

I lived on a hill overlooking downtown Kansas city for years. MKC is located downtown and thats where the air show is here.

Solid week of flyovers :)

The Amelia Earhart fly-in is a local favorite also.

Back in ancient times when I was a kid, it was normal to hear sonic booms. We loved it when they made the windows rattle.

One summer Dad took us to the Dayton Air Show to see the Thunderbirds perform. The highlight was the two passes one jet made ~50 feet off the runway going super-sonic. I can still see that jet coming toward us so fast that when you blinked the jet would appear to jump forward. Back a ways from the jet, you could see rain mist being blown out on each side of the runway by the sonic wave. There was not a sound as it raced toward us and just slightly passed us, the sound and the pressure wave hit us, hard. It was wonderful!

It is too bad people can't experience that today….

Roto,
I remember seeing an f14 tomcat do that same thing as a kid at the Kalamazoo Air show...ahhh the good old "unsafe" days.