My two cents about Bensen Days

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
I heard the idea that we consider having Bensen Days the same week as Sun n Fun. I think this is a great idea. First few people get enough time to take two weeks off so by having Bensen Days the week before S n F we force many people to make a choice.

Second we might with a little promotion get some folks who would not have come to Bensen Days to make a day trip from SnF.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that Scott Lewis plays a major part in both events but we can let him respond with his thoughts.

Joe this dose sound like a pretty good idea,I would like to have some more input
from some others on this, PRO's and Con's ???!

This has been brought up before. I think it to be worth a try.

"Ya never know what you can do until ya try."

The regular gyronuts will still make BD?!

Cheers :)

I would like Bensen Days to be held the same week as Sun n Fun myself. With the right advertising, this could make Bensen Days the largest it has ever been.

Smart idea I agree. I would've liked to have gone to Sun n Fun had they been together, since they are so close to each other distance-wise

Just how close are they in drive/fly time?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

30 miles by air..... due north!

That would make it much easyer to talk Connie into coming down to BDays.

I would help hand out lit to get people to come down.

I have a Friend that Goes to sun N fun alot. would be nice if I could get him to drop me off at bensen days. I had a blast at Mentone and Thank Ron for letting me tag along with him. would love to make Bensen days,looks like ya'll have a blast there from the pics and Videos I have seen posted.

I talked to a few club board members ,so far it sounded good to them.
But we still need to check with some of are vendors.

Last edited:
Interesting question Tim, at first I thought not but then I realized Jim is Ultra-competitive with fuel prices. Jim what has Sun n fun done to your traffic in past years?

As a weekend attendee, I've seen FW traffic really pick up on the weekends in Wauchula in the "gas and go" dept. I'm sure it would be even higher during SNF, though I've seen the red flag come out for FW on approach during Bensen Days, if they're using the correct radio freqency. I think safety might be a real concern here which provisions should be made for.

Another 2 cents worth

Another 2 cents worth

I was going to attend both events (2 weeks) as I am now fortunate to have the time (its called being retired). If Benson Days runs at the same time as SNF I guess I will be splitting my time between the two, which I would be doing if I only had one week off.

Another 2 cents worth.

Hey...I like the point Jim Hay made, about SnF goers parking their stiff wings at his place and driving up to SnF. Therein lies more spectators for BD.

When the word spreads around about these two events for one parking fee, Jim Hay may again run outa parking space...meaning more spectators for BD, as well?! :D

Auto rental guys could benefit also?!

Cheers :)

When will an official decision be made on the dates. I'll have to pick my vacation for 2009 before the end of this year.

If you don't have it the week of sun n fun, I vote to have it the week AFTER sun n fun. My wife is with child.... and child is due to make grand appearance April 10th. I can't go out of town till that happens! So the later Bensen Days is, the better for me.

Wow Great News Ron. If you announced it before, I missed it.