My rebuild

Really cool to see you rebuilding your machine! Look forward to seeing it and you at Mentone next year.

So why did you decide to go Dominator? I mean congratulations!

Thanks Doug. I hope to have my machine at Mentone next year.

Breakfast at Rochester sounds great to me my friend, looking forward to it.

Shoot us all a picture of your finished aircraft, I would love to see it.
That blue paint job that I seen at the beginning looked great.
Doug S.

Well just an update. Engine is mounted and cooling system is plumbed. Should get second fuel pump today and fuel system will be done. Just wiring the EIS up and then we should be able to start the engine this weekend. I took most of next week off hoping test flying can commence the following weekend. This is gonna be one bad ass Dominator. I have decided to call her TRUE LOVE. I will post more pictures when I get home now that got my computer working again.

"You can try to educate the ignorant but, you can't argue with stupid"

I like this phrase of yours Mike. Look forward to more pics.

Thanks Stan. Just take a few calls at my dad's shop and you will truly understand this statement.

Last edited:
Well we started my engine today. It started right up. We ended up having a bad EIS unit. One call to Grand Rapids they are sending a new unit over night. Hope to have this thing in the air by the beginning of next month.

Update: She is done just doing adjustments. Dad has flown it several times. Dick DeGraw also flew it. I am hoping if the weather is good on Sunday I will be able to fly her then. If not I will be waiting until Dad gets back from his vacation first week in Dec.

Thanks Mike. My ex always said I was cocky. I don't think so. Anyway Sunday was a bust Wauchula struck again. Damn cross wind. Gonna wait until dad gets back from New Mexico next month. We are planning on taking it to North Manatee for my first flight. Its 3100 ft grass strip that is 9/27. I feel more comfortable flying off grass as most of my 250 hrs was off dad's strip. I will email Tim some more pictures to put on here.,While dad is gone I'm going to take off the exhaust and get it ceramic coated. That's going to take two weeks. It should be done and ready when he gets back.

Let me know how your ceramic coating works out. I had mine done and after 2 hours of run time it started to rust. He recoated it and it rusted again. I will not go back to him.

Ceramic coatings

Ceramic coatings

Let me know how your ceramic coating works out. I had mine done and after 2 hours of run time it started to rust. He recoated it and it rusted again. I will not go back to him.

My landlord works for JetHot here in North Carolina, he looked at my gyro's exhaust which shows some surface rust on top (it is coated also) and says to trailer the whole gyro to JetHot so the people at the plant can see an enduser and because JetHot stands behind their Lifetime Guarantee they will clean it and recoat it. I'll let everyone know how it comes out.

It would be nice to connect an enduser of their products and services with the folks at the "Deckplate" level at the plant, who knows maybe we can get some publicity for the gyro community.:whoo:

Capt'n Gator.............out..................

I had my exhaust Jet-Hot coated and I'm happy with the results. I've had 3 exhausts Jet-Hot coated and all have turned out great.

I called jet hot was put on hold for 20 minutes then asked to leave a message never called me back they must be too busy for my business so I will go elsewhere. Gonna get it done in Tampa.

More photos of Mike's gyro. It looks awesome, Mike.

Attachments

• Dominator21.jpg
    Dominator21.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 13
  • Dominator22.jpg
    Dominator22.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Dominator23.jpg
    Dominator23.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Dominator24.jpg
    Dominator24.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Dominator25.jpg
    Dominator25.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 10
Best of all to yer, and may you romp and ride with the winds soon and long! :)