My rebuild

MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
Today I flew for a solid hour. I can't find the thread where someone asked me my fuel burn. As I said I flew for exactly one hour. I burned 5.5 gal. That's pretty good for a 92 hp two stroke.

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
Great to see you're back in the air Mike. Gyro looks great. Thinking about maybe making a trip to BD next year. It would be great to see you in the air!

MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
Yes of course I will be there. I would love to see you Todd. I heard you kinda set the gyro a side. Are you planning to get back into it?

MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
I came across this thread today. Just an update. I now have 95 hours on the machine. I try to fly almost every Sunday. I keep her at Wauchula and special thanks to Slow Joe he helps me keep her in the air. I have gained a lot of the weight back but machine is stull
gppd to fly me. It performs very well. I did have a couple unscheduled landings. With about 35 hrs I had an complete Engine out and an off field landing. It ended up being a main bearing failure and Rotax Rick fixed it for free and haven’t had anymore trouble. I had another forced landing when the RK400 backed off the crank shaft and left my prop disconnected from the prop. Both times I made perfect landings. For which I owe my father for teaching me that you should always land with the engine at an idle. I love my machine. I have been to Mentone twice with it. That was one of my goals. I’m sure many of you have seen me fly and it’s still a hotrod. Hope to see y’all at Bensen Days 2018.