My Opinion on My Opinion

Only GPS provides absolute altitude. Altitude based on barometric pressure proves Nietzsche was correct.

If absolute altitude was required then perhaps you might have a point, although one could make an argument about the use of a RadAlt and what your term "absolute altitude" defines.

Yet this rabbit hole can be avoided because all that was reflected was around the term "downhill" and that in the context of flying etc etc the altimeter suggesting its value is reducing might be good enough.

I hadn't seen the car crash of the other post Vance and I am less aware of what generated such out pouring. Hey Ho. It might be regrettable in terms of its language although and I'll put my head above the wall to say this I have a ounce of sympathy for the frustration. I don't think I could work with you but then many people can't work with me.

If absolute altitude was required then perhaps you might have a point, although one could make an argument about the use of a RadAlt and what your term "absolute altitude" defines.

If that means radio or radar altimeter, I designed and patented one many years ago; an inexpensive device using a tunnel diode as a super-regenerative amplifier; not knowing that general aviation doesn’t use such things.

As it turned out, there was need for a low cost proximity fuse during the Vietnamese war and my altimeter fulfilled that need perfectly.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the woman who used to post on RF as Edsgurl, or Edsgirl, or EdgurlS, or something like that? In this newer RF members section we can no longer scroll through all of the member's handles, and no iteration of that handle appears as I type in the search box.

As I recall she married "Vance" about 10 years ago, and we never heard from her on RF after that.

Last edited:
Just a personal observation, perhaps someone needs to wind their neck in and stop showing everyone what an unpleasant person they are.

As for support, little seems to have come from this Forum for you. Rather the opposite seems to be the case.

I realize some of my posts are unnecessary and counter productive.

Last edited:
This is not the place for that. I concur about moderation.

From the RF Terms Of Service:
"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct."

I believe this qualifies.

Resasi: ROTFLU

---------------------------

I got another email. It turns out SgurlEd was who I was thinking the story was about, cuz she used to write on RF all the time before they got married, then she left here. I've been told Ed is alive and well.

The story about Vance allegedly murdering his wife concerns his first wife. Ed is his second wife. I have no idea who that first wife is.

So Vance, this is your thread, your opinion on your opinion.

What's your opinion of what happened to your first wife?

Is the email I got true?

Did your first wife disappear mysteriously during your divorce, and was there a million dollar property at stake?

I mean, you live in Calli, a community property state, where everything gets split down the middle, 50-50. Which would mean if this is true, then you must have been a murder suspect, right? I find that fascinating.

Or is this all just nonsense? Is someone pulling my leg? C'mon, don't be so shy. You always have so much to say - like about what happened when I rolled my gyro over on Pelican Island and you just couldn't STFU for two days running. You had all kinds of nasty things to say and all kinds of rotten opinions from 3000 miles away, remember? I do.

Cat got yer tongue?

I was told that you passed this story along yourself. This comes directly from you, told in private, but it came to me third hand so I am just trying to verify, that's all. It's not like your my buddy and we can just call each other up or go out for a drink together. RF is the only venue we have to speak, apparently. After all you never ever once in your life ever PM me, emailed or called me about anything. You have always hung everything out, especially my dirty laundry, so speak up.

What's the story with the first wife: Is she alive? Missing? Dead?

Have you ever thought that posting B.S. like this will get you taken into court ?
You've got issues bigger then Big Mikes gynecologist
If you can't build or fly worth a shit no problem.
But take some Mydal or something for your mangina issues

Point taken.