My Opinion on My Opinion

Philbennett

Only GPS provides absolute altitude. Altitude based on barometric pressure proves Nietzsche was correct.
If absolute altitude was required then perhaps you might have a point, although one could make an argument about the use of a RadAlt and what your term "absolute altitude" defines.

Yet this rabbit hole can be avoided because all that was reflected was around the term "downhill" and that in the context of flying etc etc the altimeter suggesting its value is reducing might be good enough.

I hadn't seen the car crash of the other post Vance and I am less aware of what generated such out pouring. Hey Ho. It might be regrettable in terms of its language although and I'll put my head above the wall to say this I have a ounce of sympathy for the frustration. I don't think I could work with you but then many people can't work with me.

C. Beaty

Gold Supporter
If absolute altitude was required then perhaps you might have a point, although one could make an argument about the use of a RadAlt and what your term "absolute altitude" defines.
If that means radio or radar altimeter, I designed and patented one many years ago; an inexpensive device using a tunnel diode as a super-regenerative amplifier; not knowing that general aviation doesn’t use such things.

As it turned out, there was need for a low cost proximity fuse during the Vietnamese war and my altimeter fulfilled that need perfectly.

Last edited:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Whatever happened to the woman who used to post on RF as Edsgurl, or Edsgirl, or EdgurlS, or something like that? In this newer RF members section we can no longer scroll through all of the member's handles, and no iteration of that handle appears as I type in the search box.

As I recall she married "Vance" about 10 years ago, and we never heard from her on RF after that.

I've been getting a lot of email recently from people who've read the recent diatribe from Vance, and my responses, and who wish to let me know that they support me.

A new email came in this morning that tells the story of Vance and his ex-wife in the midst of splitting a $1m real estate divorce settlement when she went missing, and that she has not been found to this day.

Is the missing ex-wife the same woman we used to hear from on here as "Edsgurl"?

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Just a personal observation, perhaps someone needs to wind their neck in and stop showing everyone what an unpleasant person they are.

As for support, little seems to have come from this Forum for you. Rather the opposite seems to be the case.

4CA

Yeah, there’s some bloody clever people out there.

Great response Chuck ☺. Made me laugh, then intrigued..