My new Sport Copter Rotors

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Thank you Jim, Jon and Trenna at Sport Copter for rushing to get my new rotors to me before the Hemet air show next week.

The Rotors are beautiful and Dave tells me the fly better then the other blades I had. I will be flying them this weekend.

Also a big THANK YOU Dave!!!! He helped assemble the rotors, fly them and make adjustments with Jim on the cell phone.

Here is a short video that I took yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Rgr5p7dtk

Thank you Jim, Jon and Trenna at Sport Copter for rushing to get my new rotors to me before the Hemet air show next week.

The Rotors are beautiful and Dave tells me the fly better then the other blades I had. I will be flying them this weekend.

Also a big THANK YOU Dave!!!! He helped assemble the rotors, fly them and make adjustments with Jim on the cell phone.

Here is a short video that I took yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Rgr5p7dtk

Very cool and even better your friends again!!!:whoo:

Good to see you back in the air .
I love just hanging around over at Sport Copter .
Everone is so cool , and are all great people . And they are so good to me and my boy .
My Boy is still talking about Flying with Jim .
Good to see you up and flying again Tina .
Enjoy your flying this summer .

Last edited:
I flew my gyro with the new Sport Copter rotors yesterday morning at 7am with no traffic in the pattern. I did 3 low passes over the runway. The last low pass I came in like I was going to land but held it off and just skimmed the runway almost landing but not yet.

Then I came around and committed to a landing and it was sweet....... the best landing I ever did. A spot landing and the gyro almost stopped right there hardly rolled forward.

I went around 2 more times and the landings again where almost perfect, except my last landing which I kinda dropped it in but still no big deal with those rotors I think the same landing with my other rotors would have been a much harder landing.

The flying seemed a little different too when I hit some bumps they did not seem so jerky it was more of a smoother transition.

I haven't tested the takeoff left yet I was taking it easy since not flying for 3 months but next practice I will be testing its full take off possibilities ;)

Very cool Tina!!!

I'm guessing that your new rotors are heavier than your old ones and that weight difference helps smooth things.

Brian,

Her rotors are within grams of her other blades. They were constructed with the same materials and methods as her earlier set. The only difference being the paint job :)

Jon

P.S. I document every set of rotors so I know everything about her old and new blades....all of my customer blades for that matter.

So she had McCutchen blades on it? I saw the other thread but wasn't sure if those blades came off her KB-2. The comment Jon made above made it sound like she had Sport Copter blades.

Brian,

Her rotors are within grams of her other blades. They were constructed with the same materials and methods as her earlier set. The only difference being the paint job :)

Jon

P.S. I document every set of rotors so I know everything about her old and new blades....all of my customer blades for that matter.

Jon my old set of rotors where McCutchens. I do believe the sport copter rotors are heavier. My old rotors I was able to left them over my head when putting them back on the rotor head. The sport copter rotors I could not get them over my head and needed help, they where much heavier not sure by how much but I would guess by pounds not grams :yo:

Hi Tina!
I like that you put your adventures out on the Youtube. Youre very clever at this. Its so nice to se for us, me and Rose.

Hope youll continue...
Good luck with your new blades!

Brian,

Jon

Jon my old set of rotors where McCutchens. I do believe the sport copter rotors are heavier. My old rotors I was able to left them over my head when putting them back on the rotor head. The sport copter rotors I could not get them over my head and needed help, they where much heavier not sure by how much but I would guess by pounds not grams :yo:

Oops...
Looks like Jon's documentation needs a little updatin' :)

Thanks Tina for the pilot report, I was wondering why the same blades would behave differently.

So you feel the Sport Copter blades are better?

Well isnt that embarassing?

I only assumed.....and plain forgot. We've talked about this before :)

I guess I should have said...IF they were the same size, they would be close to the same wieght if they were built here.....jeez what a goof.

Last edited:
Well isnt that embarassing?

I only assumed.....and plain forgot. We've talked about this before :)

I guess I should have said...IF they were the same size, they would be close to the same wieght if they were built here.....jeez what a goof.

Thats OK Jon we all do it from time to time and get our facts crossed that is what friends are for to help us remember the little details we some how forgot.

Ron that is just MEAN and I think you know where I am coming from with that remark. I can remember a time not long ago that I did the same to someone else on the forum and got scolded for it from YOU

I thought my humor was much funnier though if you remember ;)

Thanks for clarifying things, Tina. Glad you're back in the air.

Thanks Tim it is nice flying my gyro again. I have been down in the dumps as of late and flying my gyro has lifted my spirit once again and feel any thing is possible.