My new MTO Sport Build - N3232Z

BobbyM

Finally got my machine in after a long wait. Couldn't wait to put it together and fly it. Took 5 days to build ( Would have been 4 if the person doing the airworthiness would have been available).
There was a lot more to do than I originally thought. The directions they sent were not the best, nor the worst I have ever seen. They left out steps you needed to do, and some were not even in it. Good thing I had one to reference in the next stall over!

Thanks to Craig McPherson and Keith for help in the build.

After everything was done and checked I hooked the battery up and to my astonishment everything worked. We went and got the Airworthiness certificate last Wednesday and put the blades on the same day. Then out to the pasture for a test flight. Everything worked great, was all in trim, blade rpm was perfect. Didn't need to adjust anything. Finished heat shrinking the linkage cables and it was good to go. It flies great. Have almost 10 hours on it since Saturday.

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Hi Bobby

Congrats and thank you for the extensive photo build images.

I like the colour scheme - looks good.

You have the 1054th MT-03/MTOsport - a staggering gyro achievement in just over 10 years of production.

Enjoy N3232Z.

Question - was this assembled up at Auto-Gyro USA in MD ?

Regards

Steve

helipaddy

Aircraft
Dominator, ELA 07, B206L4 and B407
Total Flight Time
Around 250 days
10.2% a day!
Lovely machine, wishing you many hours enjoyable safe flying.

GaryMac

Aircraft
Building a Genesis G1sa
Total Flight Time
Beautiful machine! You are going to have a lot of fun with that.

Does Craig do his training out of an airport, or a field on his property?

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Wow. Congratulations! Thanks for the great photos. If you hadn't stopped to take so many photos you may have been able to finish it quicker.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Bobby GREAT NEWS... most excellent you will soon be making flying memories in that beauty!

And I like the quick build kit, appears almost all of the controls are pre-assembled no wonder you guys can build these so quickly.

Thank you for sharing the build and nice work!!

cadair

Aircraft
None yet
Total Flight Time
Maybe 100-120 hrs in Cessna's 10 years ago
Now that there's a beautiful machine. I got a ride with Craig at Mentone this year, and it is all I have been thinking of ever since... I hope you have lots of fun in it. Congratulations!

tx_swordguy

Aircraft
Dominator ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
80+ and climbing
@Gary, Craig trains outside of Blum tx on his own property. He has approx 1900' grass strip running mostly N-S. I have over 18 hrs with him and with the exception of flying into Cleburne airport have never seen another plane around there, so it makes for some nice flying. He is a really personable guy, you would like him I am sure. He also trains in PPC.
Mark WHiddon

cburg

4 days...that's got to be a record. Even the factory guys take longer than that I bet...and they read German ;-)

Can't wait to see it...neighbor.

We are going to convert our airpart into a rotor park!

cgmg

Aircraft
Empty hangar right now, have owned and flown Air Command & RAF
Total Flight Time
Congrats, Bobby on your new machine, and the quick build. 5 days beats the heck out of the 9 months it took me to get my RAF built and flying!!!

I flew with Craig at Mentone, like many others, and liked the way it flew. My bet is you're going to have a ton of fun with your new toy! Enjoy!

Steve McGowan

Gold Member
Hey Bobbie

Hey Bobbie

How'd you get the White Headed Monkey up the Ladder ?

Just wondering...I thought he was the GROUND CREW...

Ghetto Wash

Aircraft
PPC
Total Flight Time
@Gary, Craig trains outside of Blum tx on his own property. He has approx 1900' grass strip running mostly N-S. I have over 18 hrs with him and with the exception of flying into Cleburne airport have never seen another plane around there, so it makes for some nice flying. He is a really personable guy, you would like him I am sure. He also trains in PPC.
Mark WHiddon
I think he also flies frequently to Lake Whitney State Park Airport for practice on a "real" runway.

I've flown with him a couple of times in my PPC.